GreaseSpot Cafe

California

nolongerlurking

Hey, Steve. . .<BR><BR>Do you know Chuck and Imelda? I used to live with them in southern cal. I miss them -- some of the few, the proud. DAMN good peeple.

WOW I read their names and almost fell off my chair! I know them! I lived in 29 for 8 yrs... small world I too was at MCAGCC ... did you know they had a little girl...

The only "Chuck" I remember from among TWI was SSGT Chuck Miller, and his wife Alison. We were part of Dan and Vicki Van Allen's branch out of Palm Springs. Mark and Margaret Kelso, and Melvin and Toni Hall were the local Twig Co-ordinators during that time.<BR><BR>When my active duty contract with the Marine Corps was up, I re-enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserve and went home to Washington, DC. I got a job in Annapolis, MD, and settled with my wife and daughter in Glen Burnie, MD (just outside of Baltimore, MD). We lived there until September of 1990, and then moved to Wheeling, WV where I live today.<BR><BR>GOD Bless you all!!!<BR><BR>Steve.

More familiar names.....Kept in touch with some.... for a while anyway

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW I read their names and almost fell off my chair! I know them! I lived in 29 for 8 yrs... small world I too was at MCAGCC ... did you know they had a little girl...

More familiar names.....Kept in touch with some.... for a while anyway

If we are thinking the same Pam, she has been out for about 7 years...and lives on the east coast, right?

Anyway, I'm sure if it's the same lady,she will reply to you.

CA is awesomw...alfacat is here in the northeast, 'socks' in north west, Mike in southern coastal CA and Mark in the middle n.e...and Dakota knows only those who walk on water!

If we are thinking the same Pam, she has been out for about 7 years...and lives on the east coast, right?

Anyway, I'm sure if it's the same lady,she will reply to you.

CA is awesomw...alfacat is here in the northeast, 'socks' in north west, Mike in southern coastal CA and Mark in the middle n.e...and Dakota knows only those who walk on water!

I think she is and IS a member both here and at the WayCorps.ning.com site... and since these previous posts were from June of last year, may already have been in touch with Son of the Master.

Mark S.

I've wondered if I may have ever run into you when I was in CA. I lived in Davis, then moved to Woodland where Andrew was born. I went to fellowship in Sacramento a couple of times, but that didn't work out cuz the TC was a jerk, so I went to Suisun and later Napa. There was a big limb event in 1993, I think it was, in Oakland where Paul G., another jerk, refused to Christen Andrew. I guess I met everyone in northern CA at that meeting, and then again a year or so later in Hayward, where LCM came to bless us all with his presence.

My work took me from as far south as Tehachapi to as far north as Chico...west to Tahoe and east to SF, Pacifica and Los Gatos on a regular basis.

When were you active?

Hi RonW:

The last time that I was in TWI I was a twig coordinator in Vallejo, California where I lived. Before that I lived in Marin County (Corte Madera) where I grew up. I also spent time in Chico, CA where I went to Chico State University. I resigned from TWI in about 1986 or 1987. Since then I have never gone to a TWI meeting. Thanks for asking Ron.

• 6 months later...

Sacramento, CA - Believer Help needed - ASAP:

Please see my MY SPACE BLOG for further details... but... long story short...

I moved to Sacramento, CA on June 30, 2008 and lived there for about 3 weeks... That turned out to be a BIG MISTAKE. I ended up calling the police on the person that I was staying with. Because I have no car, I ended up leaving almost all of my belongings there at the house - with her promising to ship the items to me.

She reneged on her promise and is now threatening to "donate my items to charity".

Here is my proposal...

If you are living in Sacramento, CA... If you could go to that location (on Allegheny Drive - in East Sacramento), and pick up my belongings (with me making the arrangments by phone,email,etc)... you can keep MOST of the belongings OR sale them in a garage sale, or give them away or whatever... I would send you money to ship - to me - some of the items, especially:

- a Young's Concordance;

- a framed photo of my daughter;

- some clothing - especially a brown leather jacket - and shoes;

- some photographic CDs;

- some misc photos and photo albums;

You could keep or sale (or whatever): a GOOD photography tripod; a GOOD pair of snowshoes; a dell laptop computer (good only for word-processing); all the other clothes, jackets, western boots, shoes, etc; and all other items.

I would send you the money for the items that I would like to have shipped to me.

Email me with questions and I will send you my phone number and then we will cover any further details.

Please respond ASAP... thank you!

David L. Smith wildography@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hans was one of my college roomates for two years when I lived in Chico. I don't know where he is now.

I found Hans! It wasn't easy, took some "very lucky" timing, but I got him! He I sent a email to your place of business and Chuckles' also. ROR's link's not working. Hans wants to reconnect with everybody. BTW, I also am in contact with Marguerite also, via the Way Corps site. I hope to hear from you soon.

Edited by SelahV

• 2 months later...