GreaseSpot Cafe

North Carolina

meganpenworthy

• 5 weeks later...

Last I heard, (at LEAST 5 years ago) they were still in.

Beths parents James and Jan Faulkner are still in Charlotte and are listed in the white pages.

Beth and I shared an apt. in Charlotte prior to her marriage to Jim.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think they did it one more year .. in 1976 ... but I decided to take that summer off ... got a lot of flak from Mick** Mahaff**, the College Ambassador coordinator, on that one, but I stuck to my guns ... enjoyed it fully ... and we did get TWO people into the class that summer in my hometown ... just by hanging out with them and having fun ...

TF

• 1 month later...

I was NCWOW during the summer of 1976 in Greensboro. BTW, Mickey Mahaffey

recently in the last few years has been mayor of Asheville,NC.

Mickey Mahaffey is NOT the mayor of Asheville ... he IS an activist for the city's homeless, public transportation, and pollution issues. I googled him and checked out a few of the links to make sure it was him, and it was. One of the articles indicates that he ran for mayor in a grassroots campaign a couple of years ago, and got 1,000 votes.

If you are interested in reading about him, google him.

TLB, try to make sure your information is accurate before you post it. It only took me about 30 seconds to find out that he is not the mayor of Asheville.

TF

Dear TF, I should have checked my facts. I knew Mickey was running for mayor 2 years ago and that he was in politics. Sorry about the confusion. Thomas Loy Bumgarner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I knew Mel Raines when I was in college in Chapel Hill. He was in our Twig; he lived outside the town in a mobile home ... great guy. I later ran into him at his home when I was in the 13th Corps ... just to show how much of a blur those witnessing weekends in the Corps were, I can't remember if his home was in the Denver area of Colorado or the Oklahoma City area of Oklahoma ... but I think it was one of the two ... try the Yahoo People Search for him in Colorado and Oklahoma and see what you find ...

TF

• 8 months later...

Likeaneagle and Ilovebagpipes, hope we can get together maybe over Labor Day. Where in Hickory did you visit? :wave: