GreaseSpot Cafe

What do you hide in your life?

God

Hi All

We over and over try to hide things from others but the bible saids nothing hide will be kept hide

If God going to make things known that were hide why hide things in our life

A short truth about a thing I had hide in the past

In the past I used to buy xxx movies and hide them from others and than trow them away for fear of another finding them

Now I just do not buy them at all nothing to hide

Now they are many things we try to hide our looks, our past, our feeling, our fears, our unsures of things, and many more

Since I open up things like my name past, shortcoming I feel free from most fears

I still have some to overcome but in time I will

I believe their is no excuse to hide things from others

I gave my home Email address year2027@peoplepc.com here and other boards and

So I see no to reason to hide things but I say unhide things one at a time like your life story first and more later

with love Roy

Edited by Pawtucket

I believe their is no excuse to hide things from others

================================================

Are you serious???

Why is 'hiding' my personal information an excuse?

Keeping my life private, protecting my privacy, my children and my home private is never an excuse. It's dam smart.

Surely you've heard of stalkers, rapists, home invaders, who get their information anywhere they can get it.

You want the numbers of all my bank accounts too?

icon_eek.gif And saying that God is going to make things known again has nothing to do with personal information like phone numbers, addresses, private things.

Where do you get this stuff?

God

Hi Shellon

Now there are things like my Social Secrety number that is not wise to share but I all so see no reason it would come up in a post and if it did

I have no need to hide it from just people but just people have no need for it

You see just people do not care about things like that Just like your home address I have no need for it but what I am talking do not hide it out of fear but not giving it because there no need is not fear

About kids you should get to know people before you let them email or talk with them that is smart

But that not hiding things I am sure you have some friends here that you have gave Email your address to but you took time to know them first

I talking about things we hide from kids or friends because we feel they are wrong or fear to give our real name

That does not mean you have to give them your address but why hide things unless you are afraid of others knowing

I give out my address to all but some just give it to a few after getting to know them neither me or the one who gives it after they feel they can trust another person is hiding their address

Some just only give it if their value to giving

There are some differance but what I talking about things we do not want others to know because we are not happy about us doing that or having that a fear

Being smart is not a fear it just the right thing to do Just like teach your kids that there are bad people out there

How you teach them is your bunisses

I hope you understand I just used address for explans like the story I wrote

You see I had a fear of giving it out but my fears are not the same as yours

Just like my needs are not same as yours

with love Roy

but why hide things unless you are afraid of others knowing

================================================

Dam right I'm afraid. Afraid that some pedophile would show up at my door, peek in the windows at my kid, etc etc etc.

Sigh, never mind, Roy. Do whatcha want. Post directions to your home, tell where the key is hidden, and where you keep your valuable.

My opinion is that it's a bad idea, and I'd hate to encourage anyone to give out information just cuz someone else says we should not fear.

Been there, done that, got fuked, no thanks.

Well roy, I think that your writings on this thread are contradictory.

My life is an open book...if I don't share its because its none of anyones dam business. If I don't share it is not because I'm trying to hide from anyone.

What shell said is very correct. We really don't know people here and your opening yourself up to trouble.

God

Hi Vickles

I not trying to sound contradictory but there is a line between hiding and just not telling because of no need for others find out somthing about us

Now you and Sherry have open your life to others just not all and all I see no need of

Maybe my wording is not best but I do not want people address or etc I have no need of them

But what each person hides is differ I once hide I was fat but not any longer I do not give my mother madin Name in my story because it a not smart thing to do or need

Everybody hides things in their life I just try to get others to think

are you hiding it out of fear or just there no need for others to know

For most people is past feelings, past history of life, drinking, etc

I still hide things in my life but not from close friends or family

If you and others to not give your address because of no need but if you hide it from love ones that would be wrong

I just trying to not meantion the things that we hide but lets go there

1 Some hide movies they watch

2 some hide their past

3 some hide drinking problems (now drinking is not wrong so why hide it)

4 some hide their fears

Just trying to get others to think about what they hide out of fear -v- what they do not tell because no need

and hope they stop hiding things out of fear and at the same times not tell things not needed

You see if you control who talks to your kids you are not afraid of bad things happen to your kids by those people

You see their trust in few friends not fear and since you keep the strangers far there no fear

You see I do not understand everything but I know God said everything hide will be know but what is hide and what is no need to know

I needed to give my address bacause I hide from the world itself for many years

I still have problem of giving doctors my phone number so I just tell them to mail things to me

And for a Emercy person number I give them 911 and they do not like that but I have fears to overcome too

I hope this help but if not maybe we can delete this tread if it hurts others because I do not want to put anyone in a box

with Love Roy

• 3 weeks later...

ROY,

BOUNDRIES,BOUNDRIES AND MORE BOUNDRIES! Buddy you need boundries to keep other peoples stuff at bay and to keep your stuff contained.

EX. You get up set with a store clerk for ignoring you when you asked where the Cheetos are. So now your angry and you take it out on the casheir as you check out with your Cheetos.

Keeping your self contained is making sure your emotions are not displaced on another.

Now let say...That store clerk ignored you because his hearing aid is turned down to low.

Is his ignoring you about you? NO! So possible you can put up boundries and think..,What ever his problem is...It is not about me and ask someone else for where the Cheetos are.

Boundries are vital and without them it opens you up to be victumized or be the offender.

Think about it. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Hi Gang...

I think the Law and Commandments of God/Jesus are the measuring stick here...If you are sleeping with your sister's husband, or your best friends' wife, you probably dont want anyone to know. How about stealing from your job?

Lying on your best friend...do you want something bad to happen to that guy down the street because he just got his kitchen remodeled, backyard landscaped or Dayyam!!!His wife is fine?

Sexually perverse? Like to eat living things?

Dabbling in the Masons or Santaria?

I would hide that sh%*t, wouldn't you?

Father knows Best...Father knows, cause He had the Book written.

Rachel

Hmm, things I hide. . .

My identity on the internet.

Rollos-- when I don't want to share. Feel a little guilty about that!

Books in my bedroom--not exactly hidden but Off Limits to my bookworm kid due to adult content. Or due to the sheer amount of $$ I have sunk into some of them. Also, some videos, dvd's. Outa site outa mind. No guilt there, mom decision.

At work, I 'hide' my Wiccan beliefs--in the broomcloset, heehee--but I have no guilt about that. It is a secular workplace, and no one's business. Plus I work daily with two very conservative Christians and I suspect they would have issues. Why start a drama?