GreaseSpot Cafe

A Rosie Recovery

skyrider

"Recovery" hardly seems the right word from where I sit.....but I suppose, some innies might think so. After all, lcm DID publicly admit to an extra-marital affair.....and lcm DID get stripped of his twi-prez job.....and lcm DID hit the road for Toledo.....and lcm DID lose a couple of lawsuits against him and twi.

In jockeying for position, Rosie did get to the head of the pack. Of course, it could easily be argued that -- did she really help "recover" (twi) in a race that was fixed?

Perhaps, Rosie's presidency can be touted as an act of "recovery." But she'd better hurry up......because some of us speculate that she only has about 20 months more in office. The 64th Anniversary of twi, in October of 2006, isn't far away. And, she's got a few more things to do before conceding her throne.

Most importantly......a NEW FOUNDATIONAL CLASS must be put in place. Since twi is a class-based organization, it seems that each likes to initiate a foundational class "to mark their territory." It's one way of establishing the borders around their legacy. Plus, a new class will be one more defining way of stating that she distanced twi from martindale.

Go for it Rosie. You've little time to waste.

Besides, few innies will ever find out that you knew as early as 1995 that martindale was having sex with other corps women. Rosie....you KNEW....and yet, you kept silent. You KNEW and stated as such in a 1995 deposition. You KNEW that lives and families and reputations were being destroyed. And surely, whatever you KNEW......donna KNEW as well.

At the very least, if twi gets another foundational class in the works.....it will be a distraction from the pitiful numbers of new recruits and inresidence corps. Heck, if this year's graduating corps is 6.....it shows a smidgeon of "recovery."

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

skyrider

skyrider, you're assuming that she is going to willingly step down after her five years are up. That was craig's rule, not hers. It was a different administration (isn't that their favorite line?). It could be an old wineskin to her and thus, her perogative to change the rules.

The new class, however, will generate additional income since they will be charging all 4,000(?) TWIts to take the new class. I wonder if that will stimulate some brain cells in the long timers to decide it just isn't worth paying for boring classes every few years just to maintain your status "in the household".

quote:
skyrider, you're assuming that she is going to willingly step down after her five years are up. That was craig's rule, not hers. It was a different administration (isn't that their favorite line?). It could be an old wineskin to her and thus, her perogative to change the rules.

Belle....actually, I am speculating that by October of 2006.....the 66 year old rivenbark will be ready to step aside and watch from the sidelines. With emeritus status, she will still be favored to chair in those boardroom meetings and carry no spiritual responsibility.

Oh, her burden will be so light......and then, she and donna can travel and shop, shop, shop!!! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Now now. Can't accuse the old "gal" of being slothful. Why, at this very moment, she is probably merrily prancing around the cauldron, trying to "conjure" up the greatly anticipated class for the followers to "enjoy". And they WILL "enjoy" it.

skyrider, if she steps down, then she puts herself in position to be treated like Mrs. W and all the other "older" people who have had their hands removed from the vault of dough. Unless, perhaps they are going to put donna on the BOD and Donna moves in with rosie...

Once people like that have tasted power, they don't willingly give it up. She has seen what happened to vee pee pee when he stepped down and what happened to lcm when she got the battlefield promotion. I think she'll fight to stay in power for as long as she can.

Yes, but the two main obstacles are out of the way. VP is dead and LCM is in exile. The current BOD are made up of her lapdogs. There is no one to stop her or tell her what to do.

Therefore, she will stay there just as long as she darn wants to. No one can make her do otherwise. And she will be supported. Can you see Harve disagreeing with anything she wants to do? No way.

quote:
skyrider, if she steps down, then she puts herself in position to be treated like Mrs. W and all the other "older" people who have had their hands removed from the vault of dough. Unless, perhaps they are going to put donna on the BOD and Donna moves in with rosie...

Belle......now there you go...giving them some ideas. If donna becomes, say, vprez and stuff, then she can assign rosie as HER "special assistant." Just keep the special status going.

Plus, donna would warrant staying in the corps chalet for another 6-10 years!

No, Donna will never take a public position. She could have but does not want the pressure or responsibility - i.e., having to answer to the peons, er, followers. She likes to stay behind the scenes and "whisper in the King's ear" - a phrase they used to use.

In other words, she wants the power and authority, but does not want to be up front in public - lest she screw up publically, or have to take any responsibility or blame for anything, i.e., she has no cujones to be an upfront leader. She prefers to hide behind others therefore she has to answer to no one and is not accountable to the people. Actually, kind of a cushy job now that I think about it. She's the smartest one of the bunch.

No wonder her and Rosie make a great team - Rosie loves the upfront "glory" and Donna, whispering in her ear, and anyone else's who's in power. Together, they make a great team at moving the Word. I have a feeling their time is coming to an end though. TWI is slowly dying off, like the Shakers and Quakers did. Soon, there will be one 100 year old lady knitting in her rocking chair because everyone died off and they never could get new people.

quote:
In other words, she wants the power and authority, but does not want to be up front in public - lest she screw up publically, or have to take any responsibility or blame for anything, i.e., she has no cujones to be an upfront leader. She prefers to hide behind others therefore she has to answer to no one and is not accountable to the people. Actually, kind of a cushy job now that I think about it. She's the smartest one of the bunch.

Sunesis,

Yeah, looks like ole donna found her a cozy niche....that's for sure! Whatever she does that is "so special"....I've never seen it! But looks like the abundant sharing is keeping her in pearls and bubble baths there at the corps chalet.

Alot of hard earned money going to a woman that "whisper's sweet little nothings" for the queen to hear....or whatever she does.

No accountability at that place!!! If the field innies only knew........*sigh*

What a ripoff. Sad. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I know what craig said, but I think rosie isn't going to go that easily. She's going to claim whatever craig said regarding that is an 'old wine skin' if anyone even has the kahunas to ask her about who her replacement will be since it's time for her to step down.

I seriously doubt anyone will remind her that her time is up and I really doubt that she will go quietly into that good night. She's enjoying the power, having people wait on her hand and foot and never being questioned. She ain't going nowhere, imo.

I suppose ya'll are right. After clawing her way to the top.....she's not likely to give up her place and be a bystander.

Besides, it's not like she really DOES anything except oversee board meetings and teach a few times a year. Gooooollly, she could do that well into her 80s........just like the pope.