GreaseSpot Cafe

Returning Void

Shellon

What does that mean, the word does not return void?

16 years in TWI, I never did understand that one. Indeed I asked, but was only given more scripture to confuse it further.

One of those statements, terms, etc., that never made sense to me.

Or was it go out void? I think I heard it that way too.

I don't have time to get into this now,

and just happen to be looking at a related concept (but I'm not

done).

I think the answer is in the rest of that verse,

and in thinking like the audience 3000 years ago.

We're thinking like Greeks or modern people.

We need to think like Isaiah's audience did.

once the word is spoken from an eternal thought~~~ we must decide the surf board we may need and any other survival stuff like ~~~ the returning of the void salvation preparation kit~~~ ya know like the Hurricane kits that sell out 1/2 inch cdx plywood that has no resistance to a level 5 hurricane~~~~

nothing returns void~~~ the void becomes a black hole~~~ wher ya toss everything else un understandable~~~

hmmm sumthing like thayt

i don't think we will understand until we are known even as we are known or sum things like that

quote:
Song.....ummmm huh?

Yeah, I know, i'ma on a tangent. And I suppose I will continue.

Void

Main Entry: [2]void

Function: noun

Date: 1616

1 a : OPENING, GAP b : empty space : EMPTINESS, VACUUM

2 : the quality or state of being without something : LACK, ABSENCE

3 : a feeling of want or hollowness

4 : absence of cards of a particular suit in a hand orig. dealt to a player

Nothing that exists or ever has existed can return void.

Let's go back to the movie Altered States. Nah~~~ Let's go back to the Temples of Ancient Egypt. Nah~~~ Let's go back to the big bang. Nah ~~~ Let's go back to when God was all there was. Nah~~~

Let's go back before God ever was!!!

that's the void

Maybe this will help:

Isa 55:8-12

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isa 55:5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation [that] thou knowest not, and nations [that] knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isa 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.

TheSongRemainsTheSame

Postaholic

posted December 27, 2004 18:44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shell ,

You are right the>>>

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

riiiiight song. uh huh sure. ok

But if ya look real close, seems to me there is much a similarity between:

quote:

Shell, excuse my oversimplification in reply but best I understood it was...

No matter the circumstances in which the Word was spoken it would never lose its integrity or show lack. No "giving of" or "sending back" of emptiness is possible if truly the Word spoken.

AND~~~

quote:

Yeah, I know, i'ma on a tangent. And I suppose I will continue.

Void

Main Entry: [2]void

Function: noun

Date: 1616

1 a : OPENING, GAP b : empty space : EMPTINESS, VACUUM

2 : the quality or state of being without something : LACK, ABSENCE

3 : a feeling of want or hollowness

4 : absence of cards of a particular suit in a hand orig. dealt to a player

Nothing that exists or ever has existed can return void.

Let's go back to the movie Altered States. Nah~~~ Let's go back to the Temples of Ancient Egypt. Nah~~~ Let's go back to the big bang. Nah ~~~ Let's go back to when God was all there was. Nah~~~

Let's go back before God ever was!!!

that's the void

And dig this~~~

quote:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.

Oh my, i thinks the void has a definition of some sort of many.

I would like to know what the word is?

Mayb that would help me understand the simplicity of "it" all

Dig It Shell

Rok it

song

author unknown~~~I was a clipped Blue & Gold Macaw (Ara ararauna). Finally after years of captivity, I flew to the floor and on until my wings could fly me as far I have never been and further.

quote:
And dig this~~~

quote:

Well -- dig it. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> God has a definition, while you do not. Once ya go back to where the

*saying* came from, and take a look at it, it is kinda hard to NOT understand what is meant by it. But hey -- whadda I know?? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Shellon -- It seems simple enough to me, but give me a day or two to formulate the "thinking process" behind it. The "narrative" spoken of in Isaiah 55, makes sense to me.

Wait a minute --- maybe I don't need a day or two. The basic premise is stated in verse 5, and the culminating statement (defining the premise) is in verse 11.

Now -- (I will grant you that docvic & whomever), probably put a different spin on it, but the "original" (and I defer to your idea of all the different translations), still seems to say it all, and gives a "healthy" definition, of the phrase you are questioning. icon_smile.gif:)-->

To put it simply -- I am seeing the Word compared to rain. It comes from Heavan. Sometimes it brings forth fruit, sometimes maybe not. But regardless of whether it brings forth fruit immediately, it is preparing the soil for future seed, thus growth.

It doesn't return "void", just as rain does not.

quote:

------------------------------------------------

Well -- dig it. God has a definition, while you do not. Once ya go back to where the

*saying* came from, and take a look at it, it is kinda hard to NOT understand what is meant by it. But hey -- whadda I know??

>>>

Dig it David! I usually say IN my moments oF

duh huh awareness~~~ i could be wrong

you're probably gonna get real serious ya have a jal brighten your day tape on this one?>??

Hi, It's The Real Me returning from the void~~~

if ya got that one TAPE dmiller, i'll send ya ONE BY ONE by JOE FAIR & RALPH GRAHAM in exchange ( don't ya just love a hostage stand off senario~~~

well