GreaseSpot Cafe

help someone

wyteduv58

My putor is jumpin all over the place without my help, I,m in one thread and all of a sudden

I,m jumped to another thread. Also having trouble getting my new topics to show up.

this is the third thread I've tried to post in Questions and tips. It went on for a few minutes then dissappeared.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... Dovey

Steve, I went there and there were a zillion anti virus places and I didn't find one that was completely free. Only free trials then ya gotta pay. I just want free as in conpletely free. Do you know of one that is really free?

I appreciate your help.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... Dovey

Go back to the site Steve sent the link to.

Look on the right above the black menu bar...there is a place where you will see "House Call". Click on the link. Follow the directions.

You will download an application which will be used by the site to scan your system for free. It is totally free. They don't even ask for a naame.

• 3 weeks later...

Please do not rely on these sites to "protect" you. This is only good to tell if you have a virus AFTER the fact. In many cases, if you get infected by a virus, you may not even be able to get connected to the internet to use these sites.

Norton Anti-Virus 2004 can be purchaesd for about 50 bucks, and you get a years worth of updates, both program updates and virus signatures. That's a small amount for the peace of mind it gives you.

Sorry, I hate to sound like I'm preaching, but as I tell my clients when they ask me if they relly need anti-virus software, either pay symantec 50 bucks now, or pay me 65 bucks PER HOUR to clean it after you get infected, your choice! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Rick

Since my first PC computer in 1987, I have fought virii and trojans and worms, oh my.

I finally decided that paying McAfee $30 each year, every year, is worth it.

I hate spending money. I try to watch my expenses. But this one just made sense to me (after years of scanning once, then a month later re-installing a system).

This current year's version is a little 'buggy' but I trust that next year it will be back on the 'top' again. Hundreds of virus 'jars' located through-out the internet, the first to isolate and reverse-engineer a new virus, it makes sense that their database should be ahead of others.

Bless you, May our Heavenly Father bless you in everyway, in the wonderful name of His son and our brother Jesus.

Galen

ET1 SS - USN Retired,

Pilgrim of the Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the mystic shrine.

and

'University of Life' Alumni

family+in+1997.jpg?

"I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk, when I lie down, and when I rise. And the answers are always coming. Tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered. When once I am persuaded that a thing is right, I go on praying for it. the great point is never to give up till the answer comes. The great fault of the children of God is, they do not continue in prayer, they do not persevere. If they desire anything for God's glory, they should pray until they get it." - George Mueller