GreaseSpot Cafe

Why I reject Spiderman

Steve!

What you heathens blatantly fail to appreciate is the subtle truth that Spider-Man™ is a conduit through which we lowly mortals can vicariously decry the circumambient ennui that has enervated our zeitgeist. Ow! I think I sprained my brain!

Anyone got Bactine?

Actually Spiderman can be viewed as a tragic character. He himself feels obligated to police the city out of the guilt over his uncle's death. In addition, he feels unsure about himself and his own sense of duty, and is a very conflicted individual which can be shown as his split personality as the wise-cracking carefree spiderman, and the quiet and unstable Peter Parker.

In addition, his enemies are good people that have gone insane. Both cases are actually people who Peter Parker feels some attachment and sympathy to, but must defeat with impunity as Spiderman.

This just backs up my assertion that such angsty themes as portrayed in the spiderman films, will make you gay.

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

...I don't know...wasn't Norman Osborne a _bad_ guy who went insane?

Not to Peter Parker, he treated him well and even said that he considered him as a son. I don't think Peter would have been aware of the business dealings of Oscorp, so all he knew was the charitable side, I would think.