GreaseSpot Cafe

This thread is obsolete

Steve!

• 5 weeks later...

yes, it sucks!!! well, someone had to lead those poor aimless "hippies" kids into to Christian fundamentalism...no one else could figure out how so a old guy in a weird shirt and tie went to haight-asbury and got 'em...how better to get 'em then claim to find the true interpretation of a "weird" book like the "bible" which has had many books removed and endless editing jobs done on it...my cousin and I quote said,"beware of the one-book religion"...I agree... what did Wierwille really teach you, but leave you really more aimless then you were before, unless you really think you know now??? do you??? really, tell me what???thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I like and respect John, and I always have. In all the years that I've known him, he has been an honest, courteous, spiritually-minded gentleman. He is so delightfully human, too; when he messes up, he deals with the situation according to the best that he knows, honestly. I just can't say that for all the people that I've met in my life.

I mean, nobody's perfect. But John Lynn really tries to live his life according to what he knows of God and the Bible. He has kept on doing this, faithfully, for decades.

I'm sure that the description above would also fit many other folks who come to the Greasespot Cafe.

I like coming here because I get the feeling that most folks here are still on that kind of journey together, despite now being so far apart.

love, niKa

Let's see. If it wasn't for John Lynn, Ralph Dubofsky, Robert Belt, and Sue Pierce (forgive me if I left anyone out), most of us would probably still be doling out our 15%, still be making yearly treks to Ohio, still be speaking kind things about LCM, still be pushing the law of believing, still be happy not being able to own property (unless we could afford it outright), and still be happy paying more attention to physical details. Yeah, we'd probably still be all one big happy spiritual family.

But, John Lynn and the others had to come along and screw everything up by pointing out that adultery was wrong, especially for anyone in Christian leadership. John and the others had to burst our bubble by pointing out that the law of believing had never been passed.

We could have been happy with error had John Lynn and the others not messed everything all up. Now some have more truth but wallow in feelings of betrayal and anger. Some have developed a kinder, gentler version of TWI with more truth, better treatment of God's children, and far less pressure to perform one's ministry duties.

If it weren't for JAL and others, many of us would still get force fed LCM's overzealous form of Christianity.

I knew JAL when I was in the Corps. I knew JAL when he was DC Limb Coordinator. I knew him after he got fired. JAL had his faults just like we all do, yet he made every effort to take the good about TWI and replace the bad with much better things. Now, JAL is a truly honest, humble person who tries to do his best to help people spiritually. When he had problems in a relationship, he relinguished his position as president of CES. That shows his heart and humility.

If JAL was rejected by TWI (which he was in '87), then he should be accepted by those whom he helped by shedding the light on what was happening in the inner workings of TWI.

Ummm, before everyone goes and gets their undies in a bundle -

This thread was started completely as nothing but a joke. It was sarcasm aimed at a group of posters that were starting threads about "I reject xxx" or "I reject yyy" and at the same time there were a bunch of threads started about and/or on behalf of John Lynn.

This thread looks hateful and ridiculous when taken out of context the way it has been.

I bear the man no animosity. He ain't never done me no wrong.

This thread is an awesome thread

Its themes run around in my head

I ponder it when I'm in bed

This thread is an awesome thread.

This thread (this thread) is an awesome thread

Its themes (its themes)run around in my head

I pon- (pon)der it when I'm in bed

This thread is an awesome thread.