GreaseSpot Cafe

Another thread for da WayGB

Ham

It looks like they have split.

I am googling these cults now. Here is the first link out of Scotland.

http://www.thewaycm.com/

Another Way Ministries. I thought was part of TWI until I went to the third page and went to the links section. Well it aint TWI but CFF. icon_eek.gif I don't know if they are CFF but the link on the "third" page goes there.

http://anotherway.org.nz/

• 7 months later...
Actually, they now call themselvesThe Way Christian Ministries of Scotland and have a website. Leader is Roger Stanley and have converted the mansion as a college and a chapel in Edinbourgh. Also, The Way of Australia is now called Another Way Ministry and is located in New Zealand with limbs in Australia(Peter Wade disaasociated himself from the group),<BR>Phillipines, and Paupa New Gueinna(?).

Hi, Thomas,

I was in Hickory NC last September, sorry I missed you.

Just for the historical record, Peter Wade was never associated with Another Way Ministry or The Way of Australia. With VPs blessing, I set up The Way, Inc. in South Australia. After Howard Allen wrote a letter telling me to get out of the way, the organization changed its name to The Word, Inc., and later to the current Positive Word Ministries Inc. Our web site is peterwade.com.

Another Way Ministry is now in Queensland, Australia, and has some association with CFF following John Shoyer and Wayne Clapp visiting Another Way Ministry in NZ some years ago.

Cheers,

Peter Wade

After Howard Allen wrote a letter telling me to get out of the way, ...

I was always told (in hushed, private generalized conversations, cause it's not about personalities, people come and go, it's all about The Word, The Word, and nothing but The Word, dontcha know) that you chose to disassociate yourself from the Way International due to vague and undefined doctrinal differences with Mr. Wierwille.

Thank you for correcting my misinformation.

And please feel free to post whatever thoughts and recollections you'd like. You have an unique historical perspective which would be appreciated by many of us.

Thanks.

The WayGB is alive and well and they have more on their plate than just the persecution of GreaseSpotters. Generally they sniff around for anything that's amiss in their judgement.

This can sound scary and intimidating to anybody who wants to get out of the organization, or wants to with hold any information. Not to worry! If you'd like some help in that regard, I'm always happy to help. Just send me a private message. I'm not alone in this....most of us would be happy to talk to you privately about that...either in a private message or as a private email. Please take advantage of us. That's one of the reasons we're here.

I think what I was really trying to say.. at least looking back now..

"For God's sake, guys.. don't wait until you're forty or so to go get a life.. geeze."

Its only harder. Much, much harder.

I know.. personally.

Email me if you want details.. I'll lay out the whole stinking mess that resulted from sitting around that .... can trying to warm myself..

I wish some of them would REALLY read this stuff.. just a dream maybe..

Thanks for the information update, Peter!

Hope all is well with you and yours, and that you will be able to help ex-Wayers understand what was going on in the beginnings of the ministry. Many don't quite understand that the corruption went all the way back to Wierwille and the first Board of Trustees.

Regards,

Shaz

"In" in 1972, "out" by 1984.

For the innies that come to read the posts here.

how many have a car that is 5 years old or less? 10 years old or less? Does your money cover your personal expenses every month "after ABS" to where you have some left over to be able to go out for a nice sit down meal or two with "your" imediate family a month?

Look at the BOT and those in charge at headquarters. How new are thier cars? Do they follow the same guidlines as you have to follow or do the rules seam to apply differently to them than to you?

It has been said that the head leadership has set a "NO PETS" guideline for members of The Way. How many of your leadership have pets, like cats, dogs, ECT.??? Also how many of the leaders 'DO' have thier own houses that they have bought and paid for and own themselfs?

I know that haveing a low income jog too be able to keep up with the obligations of 'The Way' in some cases is very hard to help keep enough money coming in to cover every day to day expences.

There is people in the ministry that do keep track of your movements and what you spend your money and free time on so that they can use it against you if u don't toe the lin as they see it.

And heven forbid if an emergency comes up that you have to use some of the money that you would normally use for your ABS.

Normal churches do not subject you to "manditory" ABS payments off the top of your paychecks before you can spend any of your own money for yourselfs.

Funny, they now "allow" staffers to ABS.

I remember when they weren't supposed to because they were getting paid from ABS (and on a "need" basis ).

So now, it's allowed. I look at that two ways though. Some staffers i know were just ichin to "give" to something!!!

Of course they still say "i have no money".

Also, they do have 403 plans now for retirement.

I just hope its not too late to earn real moola.

:unsure:

Hello innies.

How long are you going to allow leadership to sponge off of your believing? You are like the drug supplier to the addict. When you can't feed the addiction, the addict screams at you, cusses at you and chews your tail nine ways from Sunday.

How long are you going to allow these modern day Pharisees to raise the bar just beyond your reach while they never attain it themselves?

How long are you going to listen to their beautiful sounding words that have no purpose but to line their purse with your money?

Really though.. how HARD it is to get started again halfway, or just a little beyond, in life..

Just try to develop good friendships at forty, or forty five.. or fifty..

and MANY of you will.

Try to develop a carrer at forty.. or forty five..

You WILL find its really tough "out there", but not because they say so-

and not because people are malicious, or devilish..

but because you waited too d*mn long..