GreaseSpot Cafe

Do you still believe that Mr. Schiavo is a saint?

vickles

Last I heard in reports is that Mr. Schiavo wouldn't allow Terri's family in for when she died. Now he won't let them have her body and is not telling them when the funeral is or where her last resting place is.

This is from a good and caring man?... mad.gif

This could be because Terri's brother had just had an 'altercation' with an officer in or at the room.

Maybe her husband didn't want that atmosphere, which he knew would only continue, at his wifes bedside during her final moments.

Also, perhaps he is doing a private burial place to keep the media away.

There have been enough scene's over this woman.

Oh please, I think he has taken this beyond Terri's wishes. He got what he believed she wanted, she is dead. Why not a small olive branch to the parents to allow them the burial?

He fulfilled Terri's wishes. Do you really think Terri Schaivo wanted her parents to be left out of such an intimate part of her living? Her death. If we want to talk about what she wanted, then I doubt any child would want her parents to be treated like this. You think she told Michael, that if ever I am in a vegative state, please make sure you pull the tube and PLEASE don't let my parents attend my funeral and DEFINATELY don't let them know where I am buried.

Come on..............

In his position, I’d do exactly the same thing. I wouldn’t tell them where or when the funeral was and I’d only tell them the burial location after she was buried. Otherwise, they’d turn the funeral into another disgusting spectacle.

I would probably class MS closer to OJ than Scott Petersen, who was found guilty by the courts.

Schiavo and Simpson both received court sanction and approval.

I am so thankful to know the Lord holds these things in His mighty hands.

Forest Gump's mom said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

So also, Kindness is as kindness does.

Kit

Mark,

From what I read the families are having separate funerals. The parents are doing their own. It doesn't sound like Michael is not giving them the body.

This was in the yahoo recent news.

Yes, excie, that's the choice I would make as well.

I never thought the guy was a saint, just a regular sort of person who was caught up in a horrible tragedy that just wouldn't end.

I think it's awful that the Schindlers and Mr. Schiavo have lost a wonderful person in their lives, but from what I can tell, they lost her a loooooong time ago.

If it were technically possible to keep a person's body functioning forever - with or without any brain activity - should we be obliged to do it?