GreaseSpot Cafe

CREAM!!!! REUNION

Where the heck have I been? Cream reunited for 4 shows in London last week.

The first of the power trios. And a damn great band to boot. In their short lifetime, they made enormous impact. If memory serves me well, they were only together for 2 or so years. Unfortunately, it was labeled Eric's band. The truth of the matter was 3 very very talented musicians that fused and gave us some of the most memorable music of the 60's. And drove many musicians to abandon their pop songs roots and move onto more substantive content.

I hope that they come stateside!

Damn! What with all the substantive happenings in the Michael Jackson trial and all, I guess there just hasn't been enough time to let anybody know about this stateside.

I'd love to see this guys again. Gee, it's only been what, 40 years since their last gig in Seattle?

I just hope I won't have to refinance the house to get tickets...

Actually, their farewell concert was at Royal Albert Hall, where the recent shows were held. Nov 11, of '68. I saw the film in '73. I heard on the radio that a possible MSG show was being mulled over, so who knows?

There must have been some bad blood between Bruce and Clapton. Circus magazine quoted Bruce as saying Leslie West was the best lead player he ever played with when West, Bruce, and Lang broke up. Nobody seemed to buy it.

Also, Jack Bruce wrote all their hits. Badge was the only hit Clapton wrote and it didn't get released until after they broke up. Also, remember that song Mountain did called Theme for an Imaginary Western? Jack Bruce wrote it and I'm guessing it would have been on the next Cream album if there'd been one. Wonder if they did it at any of those recent shows.

Lourdy have the mercy.

CREAM!!!

One ohhhhh me favs of all tyme.

quote:
wow, is that still Ginger Baker on the drums?

for certain out that sure looks to be Ginger Baker.

quote:
Also, Jack Bruce wrote all their hits.

isn't that just the kick azz of it all eh johniam? Slowhand receives too too much praise of credit for Cream.

West, Bruce, and Lang, woah johniam, been a long long long time that memory of a band. Thanks man.

Yepper paw, power trio to da bone dude

And paw, this is a request from mine heart:

Is there a possibility of a chance that maybe perhaps a thread of mine in the previous GSC called "What's Your Fav Rock Concert" could be reprinted in this forum. This ole grey long hair rokker 2 da bonZ would dig a re-release!!! angelkit.gificon_cool.gif

I used to own an LP of West, Bruce & Laing. I always thought that they were the ugliest rock band in history based on the album cover icon_eek.gif

I like Clapton, but I thought that Bruce, as Cream's bass player, was one of the better bassists of the era. I believe he had jazz training, and did time with John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers.

That looks like a 4-string that he's playing in the pic above. I thought he mainly used a 6-string?