GreaseSpot Cafe

Craig will be president for a long, long time...

Bob

Found some corpse notes in the Waydale archive dated April 8th, 1998:

quote:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/waydale/corp...es/4-08-98.html

Rev. Martindale said to Rev. Rosalie Rivenbark - look at the Trustee assignment as a five year one. Likewise with the Reynolds. John has already made the ultimate commitment spiritually of ordination. Rev. Martindale will stay on as President for a long long time.

He made it 3 more years. Quite a long time...

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Rosalie and Harve have past their 5 year tenures also. Are they going to step down?

nono5.gifnono5.gifnono5.gif

Yep.. but its not too difficult to imagine ole Rose and Donna going off "Emeritus" somewhere. Just keep the bucks and slaves rolling that way..

But who's the next prez? Ole Harve would be a shoe in..

Staffers, if you think its tough under the present prez and "special assistant", wait till Harve has you under his thumb. His little pinky is gonna be heavier than the loins of Donna and Rose combined.

Go ahead and laugh, what do you think I know anyway. Its your life..

Should have made it a six year commitment for ole Rose, like when Athaliah had six years to do whatever she wanted with the land..

quote:
We're going to the 5th level of Trustees.

1. Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille, Ermal Owens, Harry Wierwille

2. Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille, Dr. Don Wierwille, Howard Allen

3. Rev. Martindale, Dr. Don Wierwille, Howard Allen

4. Rev. Martindale, Rev. Rosalie Rivenbark, Howard Allen

5. Rev. Martindale, Rev. Rosalie Rivenbark, Rev. John Reynolds

They seem to have forgotten about Caballero and Townsend

It is from someone's corpse night notes.

I did hear Craig give the 5 year number though. It's not in dispute. I don't think Craig ever considered stepping down until he was wheel chair bound.

quote:
The only ones left from the Leaders Meetings where Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille announced Rev. Martindale would be the next President are the Trustee Household and Rev. Bob Moynihan.

Is moneyhands the only one left now?

quote:
Rev. Martindale considers himself best in seconds - the 2nd Way Corps coordinator, the 2nd Way Corps Director, the 2nd President of the Way, etc. He comes in to establish what the initiator had started.

More like "He comes in to finish & destroy what the initiator started."

quote:
Rev. Martindale will stay on as President for a long long time.

Yet another failed "prophecy" to chalk up to his "ministry"..

Perhaps in his own mind, he still is the prez.

Can't say that with complete certainty though, he might be convinced he's Napoleon.

quote:

I always wondered how their history books handled that.

I don't know if they've forgotten, more like denial. A nightmare- to them- they wish they could forget.

quote:
Rev. Martindale said to Rev. Rosalie Rivenbark - look at the Trustee assignment as a five year one.

To this day, they think the jackass got all this crap by revelation or something.. I wonder what they think about this.

This was the MOG's SUGGESTION- and we know that a suggestion is "tantamount to a command".

Well, if she stays in, one thing you could say- she isn't a gullible as she looks.

She may have not believed any of it all along. Just another power hungry, manipulative a** kisser.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Hammeroni:

quote:

I always wondered how their history books handled that.

I don't know if they've forgotten, more like denial. A nightmare- to them- they wish they could forget.

They just pretend that unpleasant things didn't happen. The only thing that "failed" that ever got brought up was the so-called "zero Corps".

quote:
This is a quote of craiggers from the notes....so, is he saying vee pee pee was wrong and not living biblically?

In fairness, I don't think that's what he's saying. Wierwille lived three more years after stepping down: hardly the "last minute" of his life. Three more days, and I'd agree with you. Weeks or months, even. But not years.

I see what you're saying Raf, but three years really isn't THAT long in the whole scheme of things. Although I'll give you he didn't drop dead the minute after he gave up all power to craiggers.

It IS ironic though, to me, that they:

said cancer was a devil spirit yet vee pee died of cancer.

Implied that if you were really walking with God you could/should live to be very old like the Godly men and women in the Bible yet vee pee died very young.

It's not Biblical to serve till the last minute and die yet vee pee only hung around for another three years and probably didn't expect to live that long given his health.

Although this is listed as "Corps Notes", I remember hearing all of it: maybe our local Corps went over their notes with us, or the same ground was covered with advanced class grads or something.

As I recall, Martindale was saying that Wierwille didn't wait until the last minute to name a successor, I also recall him saying that Wierwille didn't expect to die so soon...implying that he did the right, biblical, thing, but that the adversary killed him off. I don't know what people who were around Wierwille thought, but from where I sat, he looked hale & hearty when he stepped down in '82. The quick decline over the next 3 years is another story.

Of the original three trustees, Harry Wierwille died "in office", Ermal Owens retired in 1977, and died in 1980 or '81.

I did see the last days of vp. Up close? no, sorry. I was in the corps and went to HQ for our last block. It was amazing what 6 months or less of cancer did to a human being. Despite the bitteness and spite I hold for twi. I saw a human being going from dealing with cancer to being over taken by cancer.

He was in Emporia during either the fall or winter a couple of times. Then I went to HQ. The events maybe not quite be in order.

When we first got there he taught a sns. He was not in good shape. He rambled a bit. You could see the pain he was in. As believers you looked past it. Off to Gartmore he went. We had updates at lunch I know and maybe at sns.

I was on the grounds crew the day he came back to hq from Gartmore. That bus rolled in 50ft away from me into the Weirwille home. vp was looking (a stare) out the window and looked like a ghost. The trip and the cancer had taken it's toll.

After he died the corps was called into the Weirwille basement. Bill Greene was the corps cordinator at HQ but I remember JAL announcing to us the death of vpw. He read what lcm read to the AP.. "He fell asleep because he was tired" It was amazing that night in the basement how people handled it. Yes there were tears shed but in all I would say a very brave and stiff upper lip attidude. No one was out of control at all.

What amazed me was a lot of the "Heavys" walking around hq like it was the end of the world. I really did want to slap them and say 'Hey wake up" I really did. After all we had ole lcm that was going to lead us.

What a mess. I got recruited by TWI after VP died but the chaos was still there. Lingering questions about Craig, the "dumb jock" as one corpse called him. G**r and the other bozos running around acting like little VP clones. Or the Craig-ites growing mustaches because he had one. I used to just laugh at them. It was close as to which was funnier: their behavior or pretending to not realize how obvious they were.

The good thing (in my brain, at least) is that Rosie is SOOOO lame that it's impossible to establish a cult of personality around her. Even the most die-hard corpse weren't walking around with sappy southern accents growing a big a**. wink2.gif;)-->

JT