GreaseSpot Cafe

Impure and Intimidated

Catcup

CW--

The contrast between what your church did and what TWI does is just incredible.

Corrodi mentioned in this tape that the law made it clear that a non-profit organization was in no obligation to reveal what happens to their donations to those that give the money.

Corrodi also contrasted TWI as a charity NOT having to reveal their money matters to their contributors, with corporations that ARE responsible to tell their shareholders what is done with the money.

I don't know what the law says a church does or does not have to do in revealing their finances, BUT:

Just because the law says "you don't have to" doesn't mean you should neglect a moral responsibility.

Also, TWI constantly blurred the lines for us between a non-profit organization and a corporation.

LCM constantly bragged about his CEO position and compared himself to other Corporate CEO's claiming he could run any corporation anywhere.

Way Corps in residence were required to attend "Motivational Technique" classes(Manipulation Techniques, IMO) in which we were taught basic sales tactics in how to identify a person's need, show how PFAL (the product) could meet that need, and how to "close" them-- pin them down and get them to sign up. They were high pressure SALES tactics. Was one of the things that really turned me off in TWC.

Remember those "Take A Stand Caravan" tours? They were nothing more than an organized high pressure sales program from front to finish. I was listening to a tape that in the announcements featured Vinc* Finn*g*n promoting the tour across the country. He was using high pressure sales tactics on the believers to use the same tactics on friends and family to attend this high pressure PFAL sale coming to their area. The same techniques were used to corrall people into the WOW and Corps program.

We're NOT a corporation, we're NOT a business, but let's use high pressure sales techniques and ACT like we're in it for the money (BECAUSE WE REALLY ARE! SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!) The non-profit status was nothing but a ruse to get around paying taxes and social security, and legally keeping their follower's noses out of the moneybags.

God almighty, I wonder why I put up with it all for so long. It makes me so sick.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Catcup:

CW--

The contrast between what your church did and what TWI does is just incredible.

I thought so, too...

Until I found out that many church goers are SHOCKED that quarterly financial statements were not sent out to all active twi participants.

How twi does business is what's incredible.

As for non-profit anything goes, it is just plain common decency to put out at least an annual financial statement/explanation package. Churches are no different when it comes to common decency...and, in fact, because churches operate solely on the donations and labors of their congregants, churches are typically far more forth-coming than other non-profits.

Nearly 30 years of twi brain made me forget that when I was growing up, our family church (Nazarene) held annual meetings and handed out annual financial reports/statements. The United Methodist Church does this, too...and some of them even do it quarterly. In fact, the majority of mainstream churches practice the same.

TWI was/is just a shady operation.

And just to prove how shady twi is...

Do a search on any church denomination to go to their general site. Once there, click around and find their financial information.

I did this for the:

Clicking around in those pages, I was able to access actual financial reports!!!!

Hmmmmmmm! TWI stinks worse and worse every day, imo.

So when are they going to show their quarterly reports to everyone like the REAL churches do?

And when are they going to acknowlege and apologize for the strong arm tactics and manipulation they used on us for decades?

I don't look for an acknowlegement and apology anytime soon.

The way TWI deals with past mistakes is to bury the collateral damage and ignore the fact it ever happened.

But God sees.

And a one-time donation to a tsunami fund doesn't make up for the millions they robbed from followers over the years by falsely representing themselves as God's ministers, all the while clothing Martindale in $1500 suits and Bruno Mali shoes so that followers and their children could subsist on peanut butter sandwiches and used clothing stores.

They won't show anyone any financials until and unless the majority of donors say to them "I won't give any more money until you show your financials."

If they're in danger of losing their total revenue stream without showing financials, then they will show their financials - in a hurry!

I'm with CW:

Learning, if TWI did make such a donation, where is the proof they actually DID it-- where is the report that shows the amount and how and to whom it went?

If there is no proof other than having to take the BOD's "word" for it, as per Corrodi's explanation, no thanks.

Just another self-promoting lie, IMO. To curry favor among the peons so they can claim they are seeing "change" in their beloved mean-i-stry. In order to keep THAT money from going elsewhere.

Diazbro reminded us on the other thread:

TWI occasionally plants false information here in order to discover who among their ranks spends time reading on this site.

If you are a TWI lurker, I wouldn't mention or ask about the tsunami relief fund. Could be a trap.

Sounds like the 'Followers' are still on a VERY short leash~

TWI leadership must continue to treat their flock/followers/brothers & sisters... (call them what you will, but DON'T call them MEMBERS icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> ) like DOGS... just like VP said, the BEST book to read on how to train your children is a good DOG training book... the leadership must use these tactics on their followers too icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Learning

Those on GSC have "learned" by experience-- and some, in a very painful way-- that TWI purposefully plants misinformation here or among their people to smoke others out.

I hope you understand that accordingly, lurkers have to be aware of that and we all must be cautious.

If you do have important and truthful information to share, do tell.

Don't let pointed questions intimidate you from telling the truth.

How was this information announced? One on one? In a household fellowship? At a branch meeting? A Sunday teaching service?

Who gave you this information? How do they know?

Or did someone set you up to see if what they told you would show up on this board?

What a funny little icon...

On the more serious side though....

There are MANY followers in TWI that are FROZEN in their little spot with-in TWI, because they don't think there is life after TWI!!!

I've had conversations with MANY!

What would we do? This is all we know! We only know believers. There isn't a fellowship or Church that believes the way we do...

We had friends that lived in Ohio as new WOW's (forgot the new term), saw the horrible, disgusting effects of TWI on people in the surrounding communities... and they LEFT!!!

BUT... not for too long... they couldn't function, and found the people that got them 'in the Word'... leadership in another State... these leaders saw what was & IS going on, but they STAY, because they know NOTHING ELSE.

This leaderships advise is to ignore the bad & take the good, and don't let on that you know about TWI's evil doings... just stick around & live the word & love people in your area... TWI will never know~

We don't hear from those friends... they are back in... Intimidated again perhaps icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Or maybe during our exit... we had too many negative topics on our mind... didn't speak enough Word at the time...

With all due respect to Templelady - the LDS is another that is somewhat reticent with financial information.

A similar trust as to what is done with the money is required. You may see the Churches and the Temples which are built but that is a drop in the ocean against its income.

I left when it started making sizeable donations to campaigns influencing voters to vote on propositions in Alaska and Hawaii upon gay marriage. I considered that to use tithing money in this way was questionable, the claim that it was a moral, rather than a political issue not being justifiable given its status.

I don't know about LDS overall financials but I do know where my contributions go and what for.

My tithe (10% here not 12 not 15 just 10) goes directly to Salt Lake. From those funds Salt Lake pays for everything the chapels the temples the furniture the supplies etc.

Also everyone who works for the church the bishops, counselors, presidents of the various organizations, etc are unpaid--that's right we do it for free. The exceptions being the First Presidency and the top level Quorums whose work for the church takes up all their time so they have no ime for a private sector job.

THE fast offering (equal to the cost of two meals-though most of us donate more) stays with your ward. That is the churches "welfare" system--it gives food, clothing, makes rent payments, electric payments, hospital bills and any other thing you can think of for poeople who are down on their luck.

You can either reimburse when you are on your feet but many who are able bodied choose to do work to offset--such as mowing the grass, sweeping floors, heklping with a building project. LDS are big on self sufficiency and self relience. If because of health or other reasons you are unable to offset by labor etc. then the ward just absorbs the cost

These are the two major contributions you can also contribute to other funds such as perpetual education, missionary--but these are designated funds and you set the amount if any.

THe Church also has several business ventures and they do provide income figures etc for these I have seen them.

A girl in our fellowship (who was never in TWI), and also attends a church, was recently out of work for about 6 months when she had a major surgery and could not work.

Do you know, that church PAID HER RENT AND HER GROCERY BILL so she would have a roof over her head and food to eat while she recovered-- knowing full well that 1) She did not attend church every Sunday and 2) She regularly attends another fellowship not associated with their church!

TWI would never dream of doing something like that.

They would more likely blame her for her illness and excommunicate her for becoming a burden to the "household" to which she was not "faithful."

All these many days, and not one word from "Learning," who posted that TWI gave to the Tsunami Relief Fund.

And not one word from Rico, who claimed that TWI did in fact give a gift, but refuses to say how much, and to explain the apparent contradiction of decades of TWI doctrine that giving to such causes is counterfeit.

This past weekend, someone from within TWI called my house to talk to me "regarding the Corrodi thread," but I was not home.

Makes ya wanna go hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Learning, are you there?

Catcup said~

quote:
This past weekend, someone from within TWI called my house to talk to me "regarding the Corrodi thread," but I was not home.

Myself, being unfamiliar with everyone here... would this be a friend of yours?

Yes... this does make me go hummmmmm....

and think Magneli (when Rico was mentioned)..... icon_cool.gif Maybe one of his jobs is keeping up with the Online 'stuff'...

Catcup,

I kind of agree with Song. I think two years from now your going to want those tapes for something and it will be too late. Please consider that decision carefully.

$.02 worth

Sorry.

I have hung onto them since I left in 1997.

If I haven't listened to any of them in eight years, I'm not ever going to. I need the space they are taking up in my house and my life.

I have made them available to people who think they will use them.