GreaseSpot Cafe

Red's story

red

Wow. Red. That was amazing. The TWI you were involved with resembled absolutely nothing that I experienced while in The Way for fifteen years. When Craig Martindale flipped out in 1989 and started demanding blind allegience from the corps, clergy and staff, I knew that something very terrible was coming. But I had no idea that it would ever come to that. Un-bee-lee-vable. Obviously I didn't stick around to experience it. I had a wife and kids to look after...

So, welcome to the free world. God is still on the throne, and He is ever willing and able to show His kind and tender mercies to YOU. He has never changed, and I am sure you will find that He actually IS wonderful, just like the stories that you may have been told when you were little...

Congrats on your up and coming wedding, and I am blessed to see that you had the guts to just say "see ya". Best thing you coulda done!

Best wishes...

Buck

[This message was edited by Buck on January 12, 2003 at 19:28.]

Thanks sooooo much for the insight Red. Since my daughter was also apart of twi since birth I can appreciate some of the things she has gone through. When my wife and I divorced she soon decided to go way disciple with our daughter. To this day my daughter has nothing good to say about the program. The coordinator, who was 19, was to be treated like god and gave advise on everything from child raising to studying in school. My ex was in her late 40's and a good mother, but apparently this young punk thought she understood things so much better. My daughter resented her overriding her mother's wishes all the time. She really hated the 'two by two' concept. Since she was the only child in the group, she would have to take an adult along when ever she visited school friends.

quote:
She really hated the 'two by two' concept. Since she was the only child in the group, she would have to take an adult along when ever she visited school friends.
OHMYGOD staytoolong that is SICK! i mean SICK!

how old was your poor daughter ?

the way ministry got really creepy oh man.

• 9 months later...

God bless you Red

I enjoy your story Alot of heart there

I never knew that the Way got that evil I am glad

you got out

But I am more bless that your dreams have come true Every good lady of God needs a good man and it sounds like God has sent you one

God bless your heart

Roy