GreaseSpot Cafe

Parents in Jamaica

Belle

My parents are in Jamaica, Mon. I'm trying to find the best website to get updates on Jamaica and the impact Dennis is having. Most US stations and such are focused mainly on the US.

Can anyone recommend a good website to watch for updates and information?

Thanks!!

Thanks, GC. I'll keep an eye on that site too. Even weather.com only has updates through 8am. icon_frown.gif:(--> I was hoping to be able to see hourly updates.

They don't have access to tv or internet, so I'm text messaging them updates as I can find them. They're staying at a resort just east of Montego Bay. I'm concerned because they're on the beach without much to break up the winds and Jamaica is on the worst side of the hurricane.

Don't be a s h i t, garth.

There's a Category 2 hurricane coming at them and they are obviously concerned and would like to know where it is, how fast it's moving, how fast the winds are....if they're safe. They've never been through anything like this and it's scary for them, especially since they don't have any information.

No problem, Garth.

Go easy on 'em, would ya, Chef? They're new at this.

George, thanks! I'm checking everything I can and sending text messages to Daddy's cell.

So far the best I've found are:

National Hurricane Center

and

Weather Underground

That's where Raf posts the path from. I guess since it's my parents I would much prefer updates every 15 minutes. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Just heard from Daddy. They are playing in the wind and not getting much rain at all. Seems like just a rainy day at the beach, he said. Looking at the radar, it seems the worst for them is over.

Thanks to Dennis turning more NW it was good for them.....NOT GOOD for me, Raf and the other Floridians, but good for them. icon_smile.gif:)--> Their favorite and only daughter is extremely relieved.

Garth, some would say he IS a menace. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Belle - your parents are in my prayers. We're presently in Treasure Island, FL (Pinellas County) for another day and heading to Orlando tomorrow, then we're outta FL again...

Next week a group of our town's (in MO)teens are going to Jamaica on a mission trip - holy moly, I thank God that trip wasn't planned for THIS week!

Please check your PM wave.gif:wave:-->

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes! icon_smile.gif:)-->

JustLoafing, I like that site! I bookmarked it since living in FL gives me quite the opportunities to want to look at it. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

They were just visiting and will certainly remember it. They enjoyed lots of libations on the beach before heading to the airport. I spoke with them before the last leg of their flight last night. They probably arrived in KY just in time to meet Dennis again.

Thanks again, Y'all! I really and truly appreciate it!