GreaseSpot Cafe

So what is the fascination with Harry?

WhiteDove

And by the way, you said;

quote:
I think that it simply ....es you off beyond all reason, that we no LONGER are acting as spiritual lemmings blindly racing to you or anyone else, and being properly cowed at the invokation of twi

And that was insulting, particularly because it is not true. But you are entitled to think it, and even say it if you wish. The thing that confuses me, is that you say that it is wrong to state a position that may offend, yet you turn around and cast an insult? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confusing?? What isn`t to understand?

According to your pov, YOU and your family are *special* because you don`t read hp, While WE on the other hand are wannabee wizards, mindlessly following the trends of the world , flocking to the book store seemingly oblivious of the impending spiritual doom...some how not quite as virtuous as you who stand unbendable.....

Granted, you are not as condescending as Dove, but the tone is there regardless.

It is reminiscent of twi mindset and reads like a slap in the face...possibly leading to some of the bristeling and posters taking umbrage.

Well Rascal, that's just the way it is. If I say that I do not like them, and then tell you why, then there is always the possibility that my reasonings as to why I don't like them will be offensive to someone. That's just the way it is. and as CoolChef said, life would be boring if we agreed on everything...

Hey Rascal, enjoy your Sunday. It's 8:06 here in Alaska, and I still have the whole day ahead of me. In fact, I get to take my whole family to the annual Carpenters Union Picnic! Complete with beer, steaks , burgers and dogs!

Well, it is nice here when it comes to fishin'. But I also loved fishing for Pike when I was in Upstate New York once. I caught two Pike that were both 28 inches long, and lost one that was way bigger. He straightened out my hook after my friend's failed attempt at netting him! Agghh!

But up here right now, the King Salmon are thick, and the Silvers (Coho) are starting to show up en force. I love trolling for Silvers, lots of action.

Well Rascal, let's end this on a high note, ok? Have a great day, and be well...

AUGH big enough to straighten your hook????

Well if you ever wanna fish for pike, and want to make the trip...I`ll host a pike/bass/trout fishing vacation here at our cabin in Michigans beautifull U.P.

Damn right lets end it... heres my hand.

Have a great day yourself!

We are also currently swamped with Pink Salmon, the smallest of the salmon, which average six to eight pounds. I take my boys to where the creeks empty into the sea, and we catch 'em all day long! They love it. But we throw them back because they arethe least desireable salmon for eating. The best is the Sockeye which are kinda tough to catch. Real finicky. But I did get one on my fly rod the other day, and he she (full of eggs) was at least seven pounds or so. Fought like a steelhead!

Interestingly enough, in his effort to be more diplomatic, I suspect that White Dove's posts (well-intentioned and, seriously, no insult intended) backfired. Johnny Lingo's did not, even though their views are probably identical. Another valid response to Long Gone's excellent question.

White Dove, I apologize for carrying on as long as I did. I'm content to disagree with you on this (and with Johnny too).

I haven't read this thread because I've been through all the arguments far too many times to bother with them anymore. But here's my short answer to what's the big deal about Harry Potter:

It's damn good fun!!!

And, quite frankly, I think most religions sap the fun out of life to a great extent, and I seriously doubt that's what God meant to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by ChasUFarley:

Methinks some posters here could use a good "Cheering Charm"....

Ah, yes, the Cheering Charm, "Laetificus

Pronunciation: Lay-TIF-ik-is

Effect: Also known as the Cheering Charm, this Spell causes the Target to become happy. Caution should be taken, as overuse can lead to Hiccups."

I do believe I've over-invoked that spirit once or twice myself - h'cup beer.gifhappy.gif