GreaseSpot Cafe

Rev. LCM, Dr. D. Wierwille and Mr. H.Allen

learning

I was reading this old post of Ex's from January 09, 2004 asking about how ordination was done.

Why was Howard Allen never made a 'rev.' Was there a reason ever given, explained. Even if they explained it by saying that the person asking wasn't mature? It always seemed odd to hear andor was meant to show something? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

It wasn't maturity. You had to have mastery of a Gift Minitry, as I recall. I always found itt really weird that he was never ordained. Maybe the revelaton never came.

As illogical and bizzare TWI's processes were I would LOVE to hear the reasoning behind Howrd not being ordained.

He almost never did any teachings or public speaking so maybe he was *just* "good" with money and was the treasurer strictly for that reason.

There were people who were offered ordination, but did not accept it. JC, the AV guy, turned it down for years, but finally acquiesced in the late 90's.

Howard A publically said on several occassions that he did not want to be ordained. His stated reasoning was that reverends had to marry and bury people, and he didn't want to do the latter.

Personally I thought that Howard carefully cultivated his common man, "aw shucks" persona, and that refusing ordination was all part of that. I believe he enjoyed being referred to as the "world's greatest layman" or whatever it was that Wierwille called him.

Neither Ermal Owens nor Harry Wierwille were ordained.

On another note: to what extent did TWI recognize folks ordained outside TWI, but who were part of TWI? THere was a man, I believe in Florida, who passed on in the early 90's, who was ordained in a Protestant denomination, and was called "reverend" in TWI. Martindale said something along the lines of "once a rev., always a rev." I know that there is at least one poster here who was ordained outside TWI, but wasn't recognized as such by TWI.

quote:
Howard A publically said on several occassions that he did not want to be ordained. His stated reasoning was that reverends had to marry and bury people, and he didn't want to do the latter

Indeed he did say that often. When he was there at the burial of the remains of my husband, he again said he hated this part of the job.

I recall Veepee saying numerous times that he wanted to ordain Uncle Harry but that when he "reached up into the cookie jar" the answer was always no...My theory was that Wierwille purposely did not ordain certain folks because he figured it would add credibility to his getting revelation concerning the matter..."It's not up to me, it's up to God"...type of thing.

Veepee getting revelation? I don't think he would have recognized revelation if it bit him on the foot.

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

I believe he enjoyed being referred to as the "world's greatest layman" or whatever it was that Wierwille called him.

ROTFLMAO

Nah, I think Martindale had them all beat.

But seriously, that is what Vic called him. "The greatest layman."

Yeah...I remember him saying that numerous times. Scheesh, the guy was a bus driving pimp. Howard made a living out of catching Veepees suit coat when he would take it off and throw it off stage...

And when Geer gave his famous POP speech and accused us all of being out to lunch, "the world's greatest Christian laymen" folded like a cheap hammock. I've no respect for the man.