GreaseSpot Cafe

Well, maybe things are really getting better..

Ham

Two momentus days ago, I had to go to, gasp- by myself, to the darkest place in town, WalMart.

As I pulled up, the car in THE FRONT ROW pulled out, and I pulled in.

I did not even give it a thought:

1. That it was an answer to prayer

2. That that is how the Almighty awarded me for being faithful in "da househole".

3. That somehow, it showed that I was supposedly special or something..

4. That those who pulled in and had to park in the rear of the lot were somehow "inferior" to almighty ME.

5. That the lord had to move heaven and earth, for my convenience.

Really- didn't think one of these- just thought about it today.

Ahhh, the freedom of it all. What freedom you ask?

Well, the last fifty times I parked in the back of the darn lot, it wasn't because I was a slimy, unbelieving flea on the back of a possessed camel, either.

Every single time I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work I get the EXACT SAME SPOT....2nd spot in, right in front of the door.

In fact this week is the first time since I can remember that I DIDN'T get that spot. That's the first time I thought about it. I hope I'm not permanently booted from that spot. I have grown rather attached to it....

quote:
Two momentus days ago, I had to go to, gasp- by myself, to the darkest place in town, WalMart.

As I pulled up, the car in THE FRONT ROW pulled out, and I pulled in.

Mr. H --- count your blessings, oh highly beloved of God!! The windows of heavan have been opened, and blessings are being showered upon you -- before you even entered the store.

I can't begin to imagine what kinda *deals* you found inside, and that would be the icing on the cake proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has abundantly blessed and enriched your life with something as simple as a shopping task made easy.

Now -- with all the time and money you saved there because of the goodness of God, please abs 20% to twi, in order to ensure that the *hedge of protection* remains intact!!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Dear Belle,

Maybe you're just parking in the handicapped spot by mistake!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I getcha, though. My ex used to start begging "Father," out loud, if he didn't find a good spot the first time around. (He was also known to curse the snow he didn't want to shovel, a la Jesus and the waves.)

Pretty pitiful stuff to gauge your "walk" on whether or not you get a spot close to the store!

Regards,

Shaz

LOL! I hear ya, Shaz! I'll have to pay better attention....and here I was thinking I was spay-shul all this time!!

I do have to admit I've been tempted to park in the "Expecting Mothers" parking spot at times. There's no $250 fine for that, but if your self esteem is as low as mine is already it's no good to hear people asking when you're due. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Your ex was just doing what he was taught. Beg for it from God and if you don't get it DEMAND it 'cause if you ask God HAS to obey His own word!

quote:
I've been tempted to park in the "Expecting Mothers" parking spot at times.

The Krogers store has one of these little gems..

faded sign. I accidently parked in it one day, and the looks I got from some of the ladies walking by..

quote:
Now -- with all the time and money you saved there because of the goodness of God, please abs 20% to twi, in order to ensure that the *hedge of protection* remains intact!!

David, I was wondering when somebody was going to make that point. icon_razz.gif:P-->

But that's what I would have thought, years ago..

Twenty Percent??!!! One expensive little parking spot!