GreaseSpot Cafe

Photo volunteers

pawtucket

I am experimenting with a photo application for the new site. I have it set and would like a few volunteers to help out putting up some photos and giving me feedback on the difficulties, if any.

If you are interested, please PT me and I will give all the info you will need to access it.

There are a few that are having problems uploading pics. They seem to do the album part fine.

If anyone has the time, could you put the uploading procedure in this thread?

I'd like to widen the scope of this, I think it is a good method to deal with photos.

Upload file

Now you may upload your files using the upload boxes below. The size of files uploaded from your client to the server should not exceed 135 KB each. ZIP files uploaded in the 'File Upload' and 'URI/URL Upload' sections will remain compressed.

When using the URI/URL upload section, please enter the path to the file like so: http://www.mysite.com/images/example.jpg

When you have completed the form, please click 'Continue'.

The above directions are on the page where you upload pictures. You can either put the info in the boxes yourself or hit the Browse button. This opens up your files on your computer. Double-click on the name of the file you want to upload and it appears in the box.

Click on ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page after you’ve entered the file names of the pictures you want uploaded. You can upload one right after the other and then click on ‘Continue’ or you can click ‘Continue” after each individual picture.

I uploaded files from my computer to the site. I haven’t tried the other section yet.

I hope this helps.

I open them in Paint. Paint has come on every computer I've ever owned. It's under Accessories. (START, ACCESSORIES, PAINT)

Then I go to Images and click on Stretch and Skew.

I see the number 100 highlighted next to Horizontal. I replace that 100 with 50 to shrink the picture 50%.

I do the same with the Vertical 100 that is below the Horizontal one.

I change both those numbers to the same number. Sometimes I use 75 for both or 60 for both.

The first few times you do this I suggest you copy whatever you're trying to resize and experiment with the copy, leaving the "original" in case you don't like what you end up with...

DUH! I don't know how I did this, but I overlooked the "Upload File" tab. Once I selected this everything else is easy.

I did a trial run, but now I have to resize the photos...so I'll have some up this evening sometime.

Thanks Bowtwi...I got my clue from your post!

krys,

I've resized one of the pics for you but my domain control panel is down right now...so I can't get it to the web for you to copy.

I'm emailing it to you as both an attachment and in the body of the email.

If you, or anybody else, ever need anything done with a pic/image feel free to call on me (my email is in my profile...and I usually respond to PTs).

I really appreciate your help cw - - I will probably take you up on it.

What would be of great value to me and possibly others...is if you could show us step by step what we need to do so that we can learn it ourselves.

I'm off to check my mail.