GreaseSpot Cafe

How awkward!

mzimagine

Another young guy walked out of a bank and almost over the top of me..when he realised it was me he started screaming 'copout' in the middle of a busy street !!

He's now coordinating the U.K.

Coming out of a bank eh??? Perhaps he was *sticking* all the ABS money into his account??

Heh heh! :D

One of my classes in nursing school involved a clinical where a current Way member worked. She was in surgery, and would sometimes bring patients up to us on the post-op floor. I thought she was just being rude to me, but it turns out she was really condescending to all 8-ish of my classmates. My professor even mentioned her behavior, telling us that's a horrible way to behave. I haven't seen anyone in years now though.

Once in the late 1990s (I left TWI in 1996), I was in Eckerd Drug and saw and said "hi" to the middle-school aged daughter of a still-innie (who was very weird even while in) ... she saw me, made some exclamation of surprise and horror, grabbed her daughter, Alyssa's, hand and ran out the door.

Oddly, she waited on me about three years ago at a local fast food restaurant and didn't even recognize me.

TF

Edited by ToadFriend

LOL! How quickly they forget.

I can't say anything, though, I literally ran down the hall in a hospital once because a lady who worked there had been put on probation. I saw her at the Coke machine and turned and ran the other direction before she saw me. I was terrified! :o Now I realize how silly that was.

Reminds me of a time when I was at a NK High school basketball game. My daughter was a cheerleader for NK. Lots of TWI staffers attend NK sporting events, some because their kids participate, some come with parents & some just come....

This 9th corps guy, whose face I sorta remembered, but he remembered me and my name walks up to me & starts talking to me, congratulating me on my daughter getting accepted to Harvard. I'm thinking, "Who IS this guy?? And. My daughter isn't going to Harvard! Why ARE you talking to me? I thought I was M&A?"

"What?" I said, frowning.

"Harvard." He said. "She must have really worked her a$$ off to get into Harvard. You must be proud of her for doing all the you have to do to get into an Ivy League school. It must have been some tough sh!t"

I was like, "What!??? She's not going to Harvard."

I let him squirm. He seemed to be trying so hard to be cool, by cussing & all that. Loooong, uncomfortable silence. I thought it was funny.

I guess it WAS me.!

The cornfield cult has become so small that I seldom see any wayfers out and about. Several years ago I was driving down the street and saw that familiar green bumper sticker...The guy passed me going well over the speed limit...I caught up with him at the next red light and looked over at him. Didn't recognize him but he had a pained look on his face...like the sissy at school who was about to get his foot kicked by the school bully...he was fidgeting like he was about to wet himself...I figured he must be late for one of those "mandatory meetings" .

When the light turned green, he sped off...me, I just shook my head and laughed.