GreaseSpot Cafe

Has the LES Forum Outlived its Usefulness?

Raf

Raf, see my reply at LES, which in a single word is NO! You still serve a purpose, bro.

Honestly, I thought that it was a good concept at around the beginning of the year. As I remember there was some hostility going on here and an alternative was a good thing.

Having said that, I used to try to look at LES forum on a somewhat regular basis, but, in time, it seemed like there were no posts. So I got out of the habit. If there was more activity over there, I might start going over there on a regular basis again. Nothing against that forum, but even the best designed forum can't live without users who post.

So it depends...

How much is it utilized? You, as the administrator, know how many people check the board out daily. I, as a user, don't have access to that kind of statistics. If people are regularly checking it out and then leaving because of no activity, then it may need to be marketed a little wider. If nobody is coming to it for days at a time, then I'd wonder....

How much work is it for you to maintain? How much money does the BBS software cost to maintain? How about the hosting service? Are you willing to expend the time and resources for something that has the potential that people may post? If it costs you only a negligible amount of time and money, then I'd suggest you keep it...

And, don't take anything I say as being critical of your efforts. The site and the board are very well done. But, no matter how well designed, you can't FORCE people to post. And without a good, solid base of posters, then its not possible to maintain a viable base.

Well Raf if you would fix that jukebox in the music section to play 12 for a dollar like the old days I could afford to come there more often. :)

Really though I have not been in as much there or here but it has nothing to do with the site per say just that it reminds me of Dovey. This week someone from the family signed into her MSN messenger and up popped the little your friend wyteduv has signed in box......Sigh

But your PM emailer is working great I got one this week just fine..........

Edited by WhiteDove