GreaseSpot Cafe

Think TWI's Changed?

Belle

2007 - same problems and issues as in 2000 when I first "woke up" - same problems still exist in 2001 - same problems still exist in 2005.... And, now it's 2007 and we still see the same problems.

When are the folks like the Moynihans who have been around since day one going to realize they are never going to change something that is nothing more than a whited sepulcher on a foundation of stealing, killing and destroying?

When are folks like the loved ones mentioned here going to realize that NO 'CHURCH' is better than a rotten, lying, abusive church?

I wish they'd realize that it's not going to change. The Moynihans and leaders of their ilk are going to have to answer TO GOD for all the lives they could have saved if they'd only spoken up and done something about all the abuse they've known about. They could have taken out a great portion of the ministry with them if they'd just had a pair of balls to speak up. Being so far removed from things in England was a great ploy on rosie's part - now they've just faded into the background and, soon, people will forget how "powerful" and "influential" they once were. I hope the paycheck and royalty lifestyle has been worth it.

I see they are still changing policies that they swear they don't have, and they are still refusing to admit they were wrong on anything. I wonder if the ACS policy is the same everywhere, or only where "revenues" are down.

It's the same as it ever was.... same as it ever was... Isn't there a song about that?

Bliss, their statement that they're "so busy" is disconcerting. It sounds like they are still controlling the lives of folks and, with limited time to have "a life", it's easy to live like mushrooms and miss out on the truly "abundant life" that's possible for folks when they leave TWI.

I know I am late in responding to this but that was about the last straw for me. I had been in the Way for 28 years and they stripped me of my AC status. First my corps status was eliminated because we weren't good enough and my ex was encouraged to leave, AND WITHOUT TALKING TO ME BEFORE HE WROTE HIS RESIGNATION LETTER. But once the AC status was removed, I was no longer allowed to attend any AC meetings or functions etc.

It was degrading and humiliating, but I refused to give them the money it would take to regain that status. I had taken the original and then taken it twice again in residence. Then I had to take the new AC to retain my status, and the New New AC to retain that status, from which we were kicked out by the local ego maniac leadership. Believe me M@rk and J0sephine W@ll@ce were on a witch hunt so to speak. And the wife had a problem with running her mouth.

I am glad I am out and unlike the person who wrote this letter don't really believe there is any heart left in The Way. God their leaders are not even allowed to let God work in them to produce their teachings to their fellowships. Now they have to teach what is on the schedule.

I say to anyone still in Run, Run fast. There are great people out there who love God. The Way didn't have the corner on that market, but it takes getting out and clearing the programming that you received in the Way from your head.

I had been in the Way for 28 years and they stripped me of my AC status. ... once the AC status was removed, I was no longer allowed to attend any AC meetings or functions etc.

It was degrading and humiliating, but I refused to give them the money it would take to regain that status. I had taken the original and then taken it twice again in residence. Then I had to take the new AC to retain my status, and the New New AC to retain that status, from which we were kicked out by the local ego maniac leadership.

I know this was a ploy and a device invented by Way "leadership", but how could they not understand this would infuriate people who had paid good (and in most cases, hard-earned) money, taken precious leave from work, travelled far distances (mostly at their own expense) and endured other hardships to participate in and be a graduate of The Way International's premier and ultimate class on Power for Abundant Living?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I still have my graduation certificate signed by Pikes Peak's most well-known and celebrated Doctor of Theology! Tell me I'm not an AC graduate! *tongue firmly in cheek*

I am glad I am out ...I say to anyone still in Run, Run fast (my emphasis).

Always good advice when it comes to The Way.

I know this was a ploy and a device invented by Way "leadership", but how could they not understand this would infuriate people who had paid good (and in most cases, hard-earned) money, taken precious leave from work, travelled far distances (mostly at their own expense) and endured other hardships to participate in and be a graduate of The Way International's premier and ultimate class on Power for Abundant Living?

Hmmm....not sure it has anything to do with understanding.

Imo, it is one of the LAST tools in twi's bag to rachet up their CONTROL over their faithful followers. Having depleted the corps ranks thru the years with such take-away tactics.....the next in line happens to be the AC grads.

Cults do things like that.

:rolleyes:

They manipulate folks through ego-play. They say there's no "class system" or "respect of persons", but that's utter b.s. - otherwise why all the different nametags?

A nametag is nice, but wouldn't you rather have an AC nametag?

An AC nametag is nice, but wouldn't you rather have a WC nametag?

Ego - pure and simple - they played us and we fell for it. They're continuing to play people.

Thanks Belle, Eagle & Skyrider. As a Leopard never changes its spots, or as vpw said" don't put new wine in an old wine skin" you can't put anything new into something that's old and worn out. The whole idea is manipulation by the few, ever so subtly so you do not realize what is truly going on. To newbies, they are so sweet and kind, like the old days when it was honest, yet to the ones who have been there a long time, it's turn the screws for every cent you can get. This "new" class is not even on video. It's back to the old days of an audio class. Those who were not in Dallas fork over $50.00 while the "grads" get to hear it again for free " if there is enough room ." Hmmm, that sounds familiar. In the mean time, if you have to do something while this is going on, you are looked down on like you committed some mortal sin.

Heaven forbid!!!

New technique, same old BS; no wonder they are bleeding red ink all over Ohio.

Well, Free At Last, I can relate to leaders whose wives run their mouths...Their mouths will never catch up them, will they? But maybe, someday, it will!

The only thing that may have changed is the Prez's "hairdo".

They still hold on to the idea that there was no holocaust, or that it wasn't so bad, and that most if not all of the victims are liars.

This may be an old, long thread, but it is typical of the kind of evil still resident in that organization:

Their true nature, at least as far as thoughts regarding holocaust- ptooie.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

They manipulate folks through ego-play. They say there's no "class system" or "respect of persons", but that's utter b.s. - otherwise why all the different nametags?

A nametag is nice, but wouldn't you rather have an AC nametag?

An AC nametag is nice, but wouldn't you rather have a WC nametag?

Ego - pure and simple - they played us and we fell for it. They're continuing to play people.

Ego mixed with fear. I've been to a few communist countries - hard core ones - not France (bad humor I know). Going to Russia this December. They have a "political" structure that is like the way tree. You have a political officer in the military - at the company level. He is the twig coordinator. The civilian counterpart is the political officer in the factory or in the store. The job is to regularly indoctrinate in organized meetings and spend the rest of their time taking notes on a) screw ups (fear) and b) potential new candiates for their exclusive little club (ego). Why do this? Very nice perks that the common folk never see.

Now this person reports to someone higher up. Guess what his/her job is? To regularly indoctrinate the low level political officers and a) look for screw ups (fear) and b) look for promising young candidates to get more deeply involved (ego). We would have called these - yep youi got it branch or area coordinators.

And so on up it goes until you have a SMALL elite group at the top - with more power and wealth than the "legal" leader of the country and finally you have ONE yep ONE at the very pinnacle who has all of the power clenched tightly - willing to have even his BOT executed as traitors if necessary to maintain his control...Side note: I swtiched to him from his/her because I've never seen a woman at that top position in any communist - hard core communist that is - country.

Check out Josef Stalin - middle 20th century USSR. Check out North Korea today. Check out China in the 60's-80's - although they actually lightened up a bit in recent years.

There's your way tree laid out just beautifully with corps; as senior officers and the clergy as the secret police...(yep I was clergy once so I can speak about this secret police comparison from experience)

Fun huh?!?!

edited for typos

Edited by RumRunner

This is from one of the CES threads:

.... we can't absolve the guilt by saying, 'i didn't see it happening but please come back for version 2' because then you're asking people to join a group where you have no control or oversight over how they are treated. not cool. if it's not something you can take responsibility for, don't ask for authority.

Have the leaders in TWI taken responsibility for not protecting their followers? Have they admitted guilt for allowing lives to be destroyed? If not, then why are they still in positions of authority? They didn't stand up the first hundred times they learned of people being mistreated, raped, exploited..... what makes the TWIts think they're going to do anything different this go-round?

They're like Marion Barry - they've been caught with their pants down and the TWIts are still allowing them to be leaders. At least Barry admitted his guilt and served his time. :asdf:

Until enough people stand up to be counted in a court room, TWIts and company will continue to ride roughshod over anyone and everyone who has the audacity to attempt to stand up to them. Their Gestapo {attorneys - barf!!!} will continue to trash, manipulate and harass the legal system until they cave in just as what happened in NC with the abuse case cited in another thread. This is what comes about when you get too many bleeding-heart liberals sitting on the bench. Why do you think there are so many crooks & pervs running loose now. You pull this c**p in a place like China and you have 2 options, left ear or right ear and then your family gets the bill for the bullet. May be a bit extreme, but at least justice is served.