GreaseSpot Cafe

Thoughts of Control

frank123lol

The context was about a group of people who rioted,and he compared us to them,After all a

sugestion is tantamount to a comand.Learnt that on my apprentice year

So many hoops they got us to jump through,laughing thier arses off,see how stupid they are they will do anything we tell em to do.

In ac79 vp made a comment "Right now I could send you out over turn a bus and we would have

nationwide attention".

He was right we were so conditioned we would do stuff at his command.After all we were obeying the man of god.

How weird is that?

Just shows how how ignorant all of us were back then. Sometimes I wonder how it is that we all did not end up in jail!!

:D

Edited by dmiller

who cares about action ? i'm glad you posted

frankie, that is so vee pee what you posted, i can't stand it

it sounds familiar to me too.... i was there but i think i block most crap from my way days

i'm sure he was lauding himself to the sky proving we were not a cult like others in the news

you know ?

Abso friggin lutely Frank.....a suggestion was tantamount to a command....I learned that the first meeting on the wow field.....

Peter obeyed the mog and walked out when commanded...not looking at his five senses the wind blowing the waves ... the negatives surrounding him...he did as commanded ...and HE got to walk on water....the other deciples who stayed safely on the boat ...only got to watch

When Peter got concerned...began to look around ..ie paid attention to his 5 senses ... he sank...

We TOO could walk on water ...we just needed to obey the mog no matter WHAT our 5 senses told us...no matter HOW rediculous or dangerous the request appeared to be.

Did we want to get to walk on water like peter????

Besides EVEN in the unlikely event that leadership was wrong....God would HAVE to honor our hearts and commitment and bless us anyway....yup it was a win win situation to obey implicitly first time every time.

In other words....shut down your critical thinking and obey leadership without question immediatly before your 5 senses could trip you up.... or you might miss out on a miracle from God....

Rev. John Scott 1 st state wow meeting in Little Rock Ark. Aug, 1979

I would (and did) have done ANYTHING asked, as I desperatly wanted to be pleasing to God.

This was not debunked untill sept. 1985 on my 2nd wow year by John Townsend.....he was agahst that this was being widely taught......

He asked me in exasperation one time when he found out about prior bullyings from a former lc ...*Did you not think to ever CHECK what your leaders required of you against the word*????

Truthfully......It never EVER dawned on me :unsure:

Edited by rascal

This was not debunked untill sept. 1985 on my 2nd wow year by John Townsend.....he was agahst that this was being widely taught......

He asked me in exasperation one time when he found out about prior bullyings from a former lc ...*Did you not think to ever CHECK what your leaders required of you against the word*????

Truthfully......It never EVER dawned on me :unsure:

And anyone who did check whatever stupid thing he was told, and confronted "leadership" about it, was shown the door pretty quickly.

I'm aghast that Townsend didn't know Wierwille was promoting it

I know oak....the first time I had a vein popping spittle flying face melting session as app corpes from my lc ...it left me so terrified that I scuttled around frantically trying to find a way to appease his rage....to work my way back into his/God`s good graces.

I NEVER wanted to contained God/a leader off at me like that again....I carefully... obsessively crossed all my *t*s and dotted all of my *I*s agonized over every decision......always terrified that I might earn another enraged confrontation.

Judging from the tone of his voice and his loving exasperation with me.... I think he was astonished at how far some had taken that teaching.

I only know that he handled me with kid gloves after that...gently teaching me that EVERYONE was to be held accountable to the standard of the word.....he seemed to detest bullies.

I know oak....the first time I had a vein popping spittle flying face melting session as app corpes from my lc ...it left me so terrified that I scuttled around frantically trying to find a way to appease his rage....to work my way back into his/God`s good graces.

I NEVER wanted to contained God/a leader off at me like that again....I carefully... obsessively crossed all my *t*s and dotted all of my *I*s agonized over every decision......always terrified that I might earn another enraged confrontation.

Judging from the tone of his voice and his loving exasperation with me.... I think he was astonished at how far some had taken that teaching.

I only know that he handled me with kid gloves after that...gently teaching me that EVERYONE was to be held accountable to the standard of the word.....he seemed to detest bullies.

Boy some of my post got left out.....and since I can`t seem to edit it.....I will try to clarify.....

AFTER speaking of the enraged lc`s *loving reproof* ...I was speaking of John Townsend starting with *judging from the tone of his voice*

And anyone who did check whatever stupid thing he was told, and confronted "leadership" about it, was shown the door pretty quickly.

I'm aghast that Townsend didn't know Wierwille was promoting it

Well,

that was JT's set of blinders.

lcm believed if vpw said it, it was somehow true and spiritual no matter what.]

JT believed that if it was downright stupid, it didn't come from vpw.

Well,

that was JT's set of blinders.

lcm believed if vpw said it, it was somehow true and spiritual no matter what.]

JT believed that if it was downright stupid, it didn't come from vpw.

Ah...that makes sense. If it's stupid or "off the Word", we must have been misunderstanding "doctor" :asdf: