GreaseSpot Cafe

freecycle.org

likeaneagle

is anyone a member? Kind of fun website for recyclers. People give a way items that still have good use. good way to meet local people. You have to join the group tied to your zipcode. Misc..Mainly household items. Maybe it's time to give a way your 30 yrs. of collecting National Geographic magazines. you can also post for items that your looking for, maybe a certain tool or collection peices.

Edited by likeaeagle

I gave away a nice 19' computer monitor to a needy student yesterday through freecycle. I'm almost finished switching over from tube monitors to LCD screens at work and it was a win-win situation. I mostly give away things. The few times someone was giving way something I could use, somebody else snapped it up first, so it's not much use to me in that regard.

I just became one. Thanks mucho, as it just might help me furnish my new apartment in Huntsville sooner than I thought,

Great resource.

B)

Garth

You moved back to Huntsville? That's great. I still love it there in Huntsville and try to get back there every so often. I like to get away from it all and go up to Monte Sano. You know I moved back there & moved away a few years ago. In fact, I had a house not far from that apartment where we knew each other back when near Drake & Patton. Maybe we can all get together some time.

The boys and I use freecycle all the time. I got and gave some landscape materials for my boulder house project that way, and also got rid of some things from the deconstruction and the years of renters that were in the place before I owned it.

I also use www.craigslist.com all the time. when you go to that page, it willl be the Sanfranscisco version. Click on the "craigslist" link at the top left of the page and it will give you all the hundreds of other locales with local specific stuff.

Craigslist has places to give, trade, sell, everything from services, jobs, housing, bikes, you name it. Check it out, been using both polaces for 2 years or so, after my college kids turned me on to them.

~HAP

I have friends that got excellent deals on cars through craigslist. Personally, I've been disappointed with the tools section. Seems everyone selling is a broke contractor trying to get same as new prices for all their used junk. I prefer ebay for that sort of stuff.