GreaseSpot Cafe

Warning

moony3424

I received an email yesterday. Don't be tempted to click on "dispute transaction", because it sends you to a fake PayPal website where they ask you for your password, then your financial info. By the way, I just tried clicking on the the website to show you and it's shut down, but here is the the where it sent me:

http://www.campamento.com.mx/catalog/images/cancel.htm

The fake says Dear Paypal member. The real emails that Paypal sends it always says Dear (then your name). It looks so real and the site looks just like that of Paypal's.

Edited by moony3424

Thanks Moony3424

You have to be real careful, This is important. Hundreds of thousands use PAYPAL.

I have bought items using Paypal, and never had a problem, but i knew it wouldnt

take long for someone to try to copy cat it.

I will keep my eye out for any dodgy emails.

There sure are a bunch of con's on the net. One that I get a laugh about is getting a request from so and so bank telling me my account is frozen until I update and give more info on my account. A bank I never heard of thus I do not have an account with .What a crock.

Oh for the good old days when we wanted to order something we got out The Sears And Roebuck catalogue made our choice from the pics and desciption .filled out the order blank .bought a money order and a few weeks later got what we ordered through the US Mail. And a year old Sears catalogue was good for other uses mainly the outhouse .Use the glossy paper last.

:blink: :blink:

Edited by TED Ferrell