GreaseSpot Cafe

cofrontation

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOO, I just remembered a dandy!

When we were living on the Left Coast, this little jerk of a TC reproved my husband and me because he said we did not plan enough family activities for ourselves and our son to enjoy. How there should be special famly outings planned that were special, blah, blah, blah.

So my husband's birthday rolls around and family members send him a cash gift. He uses this gift to go up to Snoqualmie Pass and go cross country skiing, the three of us, none who have ever been on skis before. Two of three of us have a great time - son is naturally athletic, dad does okay, yours truly loses an excellent Seiko watch after being knocked down by a 5th grader going 90 mph, the last of many falls.

So a few days later, husband mentions, somewhat proudly, to this same TC, that he spent his birthday money on a cross-country skiing adventure. TC blows up, raises holy he ll that, being in debt, we did something so extravagant when he should have used his money to pay a bill! Red in face, ranting, raving, holding forth himself as his own excellent example (his mom-in-law was independently wealthy and loved her grandkids, so he didn't have too much to worry about). My husband was shocked and mentioned to him that he had told him to plan family outings and here he did so and now he is getting yelled at about that.

I don't remember what the outcome was, other than mutual annoyance. It was the instaneous end of any respect I might have had left for this man, however. What a maroon!

WG, back on a limited basis

I have to admit that in the incident I shared above, if my husband had been in the dining room either with, or instead of me, the interim corps staff guy NEVER would have acted like he did to me, to him. He wouldn't have had the noive.

:spy: