GreaseSpot Cafe

Episode Number One

pawtucket

• 2 weeks later...

Belle you are a sweetie--thanks so much

(Belle sent me cd's of the interviews)

I just got through with Chas interview

what really struck a chord--trying to live up to their expectations, the house, the cl0othes, the looks, the hair, the whatever came into their pea pickin little brains. Exhausting and emotionally draining

Great job

• 5 months later...

I am relistening to the interviews. I thought I would give some thoughts about interview.

I first met Chas in a chat room that I think Biker Babe was running at the time. She was still in at the time and just ready to leave. If I recall properly, we thought she might be a spy for the way. But she knew too much about good music for that to be true. This was during the Waydale days.

Chas went through her withdrawal from the way in style. Her story as well as a few others in the Waydale days started getting me thinking about doing a website about being an ex-way person. And if memory serves me well, Chas was registered on GS on the first day of it's existence.

She was the first on an ex-way site to get married to someone else on the site.

I've always enjoyed chatting and emailing with her from music to our common Geekness with technology. She left TWI and returned to a normal life sans a few years of wear and tear that she will never see again and moves on.

The interview that you hear is actually the 2nd interview. I had many problems with the audio not to mention being self conscious. I wasn't sure how to approach "interviewing". I wanted it to be conversational without me in the conversation. :)

John Ruiz aka Socks was very generous with some music for the interviews.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention that testing of the audio went on for months as I bought stuff and tried different methods. Bluzeman talked me down from the complexity I was making of taping a phone call.

And Shellon had to put up with months of my calling and testing various programs.

Although not a polished work, the content shows that there is life outside of the walls of TWI.

I'm so impressed not only that you thought of doing the interviews, but that you actually went through with the idea!

From all I've heard it's been great fun for us, the listeners. Reminds me of home movies. We can't get enough of them and can't wait to hear the next one.

I hope it's been as fun for you as it has for me (and I believe I speak for hundreds of others). :dance:

Pawtucket, it was a great idea. What an astonishing amount of effort you put into producing these broadcasts. Thank you ...doesn`t seem adequate.

Now as far as you staying out of the interviews while interviewing...no way...lol you are part of the *glue* that holds us all together. I like hearing your input and impressions.

Thank Paw.

You also ask really good questions, Paw. :) I've always admired and enjoyed Chas's posts and was tickled pink to see that now I was going to get to hear her story in one chunk and have her voice to go with that saucy personality I had come to know at the cafe.

I have really enjoyed all the Radio spots. They are terrific. I hope they continue. You are talented at interviewing people. It seems they really feel comfortable and respond well to your questions. And you have a wonderful radio voice. Just a pleasure listening to broadcasts. Thanks for all your effort. It is greatly appreciated.

Suda

• 3 months later...

Great Interview Paw and Chas!

I'm sorry I didn't listen to this before. I haven't been in GS in awhile. But, today I decided to check it out again and listen to some of Paws interviews :eusa_clap:

I especially can relate to what you said Chas about missing out on current events, music, movies and such. I too had my children in my mid-30's and my husband kids with me about being in the dark on some things that had happened in the world while I was in the ministry. He says " oh.. I forgot, you were in Neverland" :biglaugh:

And, I got braces 7 mos. ago. Something I could have done in the lost years as well. :doh:

Well, it was good to hear your voice and how happy you are now.

Peace to you,

Sunnyfla