GreaseSpot Cafe

Episode Number One

pawtucket

For best listening, download the file to your PC before listening to it. If you just click on the link, your browser will most likely try to begin playing it immediately. To avoid this, right-click on the link and choose "Save as" or "Save link as." People with a dial-up connection to the Internet should choose the WAV format.

High Quality MP3 (48MB) Episode One MP3

Lower Quality WAV (12MB) Episode One WAV

This is the premiere episode. I talk with ChasUFarley and her experiences with TWI. Plus music by someone we all know and love.

Good choice on making both files available and also instructing on save rather than play. This place is cool like that.

It's a new world with this option.

And I think I mentioned in the other thread how I love that music. And I think wingnut may have been onto something. You sound like such a natural.

So now the TWI got most of there people in the "out crowd". Did I hear a cash register?? Teens are more emotional?? :cryhug_1_: I haven't noticed.

Mind control OK I stopped the tape who forced anyone to listen to what TWI had to say. It started nice enough but going to mind control it just has to get worst from there. Yes I judged the tape before listening to the whole thing sorry guys

CK

So now the TWI got most of there people in the "out crowd". Did I hear a cash register?? Teens are more emotional?? :cryhug_1_: It started nice enough but going to mind control it just has to get worst from there. Yes I judged the tape before listening to the whole thing sorry guys

CK

If you had listened 2 seconds longer or let her complete her sentence you would have heard her say it WAS NOT mind control.

Y'll - Thanks for the comments. I will say that Paw is a good interviewer and the questions were well thought-out. The whole expereince sort of renewed my interest in GSC and for why I'm here or why I continue to post here. Sorta lit a fire under my southern most region... Hope I didn't rant too much :realmad: or get too long winded... :yawn1: It was sorta therapeutic, in an odd way...

=========================================================

CMK - Yes, if you had listened a little more - maybe been a little more "open minded" you would have heard me out -- I'm not going to explain the "mind control" comment here because you can listen for it for yourself - if you choose to. Had you listened more you would hear me take ownership for ALL my decisions - I always have. I do not play "the victim" card, if you've read my posts.

Of course you are welcomed to disagree with me, but do not judge me on my p-e-r-s-o-n-a-l experiences, as you weren't there, were you?

Cheers.

Great job Pawtucket and ChasUFarley. Your voices, souls, hearts and personalities came across well in the interview. Only one thing wrong though. There was some background static at the beginning and the ending of the transmission. This static was in the background as Paw spoke. I am not sure where this came from. Otherwise no static and the voices during the actual interview were crystal clear. Good job overall. Thanks.

I am still working on some technical stuff. (you should have heard the original interview)

I have a new microphone that is very sensitive. (you can hear me breathing in spots)

I needed to get the first one out, and the tech stuff will continue to improve.

Nice work! Like the title..."Episode 1"...If you ever do visuals with it you can roll off the opening on a black starry background...."A long time ago, in a far, far away place..."

There's a little chuckle when you intro the show Paw, sounds friendly. I like the "Ringtones" name, and the intro theme is cool. Reminds me a little of "A Bugs Life" for some reason. :dance: And that's some snappy music on there, too. :)

For the mic you might want to get a filter screen, you've probably seen them - they look like this one - Screen You can also make one easily enough out of mic stand, coat hanger and a pair of women's nylons, although when you buy them you may want to say "these are for my girlfriend" at the register to avoid any confusion. Just don't by "extra large" sizes. :biglaugh: Basically you just want some material to absorb some of the volume and some of the highs, the trebles before they hit the mic

Another mic item that's pretty nifty is one of these - A shockmount There's several kinds, I've got one on a desk stand with an SM57. It isolates the mic from external contact by floating it in a suspended holder. Works great.

All in all, a significant entry into the world of podcasting/radio/internet audio. Congrats. It takes a lot of work to do this stuff and yer gettin' e'r done.

Edited by socks

I didn't get "Howard Stern" of "Prairie Home Companion" vibes. To me, it seemed "fair and balanced." :)

I've enjoyed Chas's posts and the pics of her kids; this was a nice treat. I look forward to many more "episodes." I listened to the WAV version, and it sounded fine.

George

My hubs LOVED it!!!! He doesn't particularly care for the message boards (ctws and csws...makes him feel intimidated trying to keep up lol), but he LOVED listening to the interview. LOVED the music, too. He's still commenting on both!

I really enjoyed hearing the story instead of just reading about it...because there's so much said in the pauses, the tone of voices, the inflections, etc...so much that isn't communicated in writing.

And you both have GREAT radio personalities!!!! (Yep...I'd have to agree...Prairie Home Companion quality/feel.)

GIMME MORE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...