GreaseSpot Cafe

Vote for which chat program GreaseSpot should use

GT

Choose GreaseSpot's chat program  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which chat program should GreaseSpot use?

• Live Chat
    • FlashChat

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure...if you look, you'll see I'm in "invisible" mode on the forums. If I enter Flashchat, I remove my invisibility to the general public.

(Yes, it's common sense that I wouldn't be invisible to other participants in the room)

Since I prefer staying invisible more than engaging in chat, I'll simply avoid chat...as long as the 'chatroom participant' listing is broadcast on the main board.

It was a smarta$$ comment on my part...don't do anything on my account...

Ahhhh, Mark the Lurker, eh? :wink2:

I like knowing who else is in the room because we sometimes discuss very personal things in there and the WayGB is still alive and well. If they could lurk and watch, they would. They keep files on us, you know? They've been known to print out postings that people have made on here and use them against people.

There are some things I won't discuss if certain people are in the room, but if it's people I trust and respect, I'll share a lot more stuff with them. :)

I haven`t been able to even get into chat for a couple of days...sometimes there simply isn`t a catagory/button to go there.

Yesterday I saw that there was the regular heading ...and I could see that there were people in there, but clicking on the chat room button wouldn`t let me in.

Should I begin to take this personally yet :)

Ahhhh, Mark the Lurker, eh? :wink2:

I like knowing who else is in the room because we sometimes discuss very personal things in there and the WayGB is still alive and well. If they could lurk and watch, they would. They keep files on us, you know? They've been known to print out postings that people have made on here and use them against people.

There are some things I won't discuss if certain people are in the room, but if it's people I trust and respect, I'll share a lot more stuff with them. :)

I agree with you in regards to once you're actually IN the room being able to see who else has access. I think the feature set that transfers your BBS name to the chat room is good, so you can't pretend to be somebody else.

But I think it is different when people who are not in the chat room can see who IS in the chat room. I personally would, if I could, simply have an indicator on the main page that says "3 people are in FlashChat" or something along those lines. Then, once you are IN the chat room, it would show the handles of the other people who are already in there.

But, as I've said before, I'm not the most prolific chatroom user around here...it's been over a year since I've been in chat...I'm just voicing something that others may not have considered. After all, Belle, you are always logged in "invisible," as well. So do you like losing that invisibility? When you are in FlashChat, anybody can see, from the publically accessible main page, that you are online at the particular time. OTOH, if you don't care about that, then why do you log in using "invisible" mode?

:biglaugh: Because I can. :biglaugh:

Actually, Mark, I log in invisible because I generally pull GSpot up on my puter and leave it up all day with my e-mail and a few other places I frequent on the web. When I'm running a subroutine or waiting on something to finish, I can hop on and look around, but I don't want people to think I'm on here when I really may not be.

For example: if I get a private message. The person may think I'm ignoring them or wonder why, if I'm online, I haven't responded to their message. Same thing with threads. I 'spose I could be overly sensitive or being silly, but it makes me feel better to think I'm not hurting anyone's feelings.

I do the same thing on other forums I participate in for the same reasons.

As for being in chat.....well, if I'm in chat then I'm there to chat and if someone comes into chat because they see that I'm in the room, then I'm happy to have them to chat with me. If it's someone I don't want to chat with, then I just leave the room. :)

The room was moving quickly last night. Much faster (it seems) than it used to.

It was a fun time.

Maybe because they confiscated that 250,000 worth of pot that was slowing things down. :sleep1::sleep1::sleep1:
I LOVE knowing who is in chat....I can see ahead of time if there is someone that I want to talk to.

LOL :biglaugh:

Can we have a new feature that tells us when people are coming that we don't want to talk to so we can run away?........ :blink: :biglaugh:

WOW, I just log in to chat ... period ... I guess it is hard for me to see that WayGB really would care. How do they use stuff against people? Since I've been gone from wayfers for 20 years, it is hard for me to conceive of them as having any influence over folks here. And it's not like there should be anything to hide about getting out of a cult.

"I'm here

I'm normal

Get used to it"

LOL .. well, maybe not normal ... but not a wayfer. But I'll try not to out any of you "outies" that I know of (people with navels that stick out I mean).

There is no one here that I don't feel comfortable chatting with, though some topics are more interesting than others. Generally I try to say exactly what I think and get to the point, but am willing to change my mind on the fly, so to speak. I guess if there is something you want private, tell it in private. In chat you pretty much know who is there, but you have to always assume whatever you say may be monitered and recorded. Do we really know Paw is not WayGB, deep undercover ... secret agent man? :spy:

It is really hard for me to imagine anything said here is that important, and it seems sort of melodramatic, but I guess you have your reasons. A guy that was wow with my my interim year was talking about going somewhere and sorta spying on wayfers .. I forget now. I just really can't see the point. Anyway, chat to me is just "CHAT". Humor is the number one priority ... data mining is not anywhere on my list. If you want to leave when I show up ... fine, maybe that will open the door for another that isn't here because of you :evilshades: Just so MarkO doesn't chat, cuz he uses too many big words. :dance: But really, I'm used to chats where there are different discussions going on at the same time ... you just jump in on the conversations you are interested in. You don't leave if someone you don't like is there, you just talk to others mostly.

I like the faster simpler less delayed chat. It seems flash chat is too bogged down. And how do you get rid of that time stamp on every line? And all those avatars are just clutter when they are on every line.

I cannot get into live chat at all. I have tryed to download Java, whatever..it just wont work.

Flash is great when my words typed are not slurred cause of slow reaction time...now its given I will have a glass of wine when chattin....but that has nothing nothing to do with reaction timing..I prefer flash cause its the only one I can get into..I appreciate the simple fun stuff to get into chatting about....as long as I stay away from doctrinal....im as free a BIRD!!!!!! I appreciate the kindness the genuine people that represent themselves honestly without barriers(so to speak) It help to be with people who understand hurt and void in life.

Edited by likeaneagle

So if we want people to know we're in chat...then are we gonna have to post in the Open forum that we're there?

Many times I wait to see people show up in chat while I read the forums. If people don't know I'm there...or if I don't know people are there...they/I assume nobody is there and don't go in.

The poll results so far are surprising me. There were so many complaints about FlashChat, I assumed this would be a no-brainer.