GreaseSpot Cafe

Vote for which chat program GreaseSpot should use

GT

Choose GreaseSpot's chat program  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which chat program should GreaseSpot use?

• Live Chat
    • FlashChat

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the vote is so close, we are required to do a manual recount.

We have a team in the back room inspecting all the pregnant chads.

I'm sure I speak for Jardinero when I say that we will gladly sacrifice our time to help count chads. We understand that it's very important for the count to come out correctly. :who_me:

*paid for by the "Vote Live Chat" committee of Belle and Jardinero :love3:

I'm sure I speak for Jardinero when I say that we will gladly sacrifice our time to help count chads. We understand that it's very important for the count to come out correctly. :who_me:

*paid for by the "Vote Live Chat" committee of Belle and Jardinero :love3:

Belle -- since you are in Florida, any *counting of chads* you might do, would be suspect. ;)

As head of the Flash Chat for Prez Campaign Committee, I *urge* all faithful and patriotic GSers to vote for Flash Chat.

usawithflag.gif

Why, you may ask? Well in short ... Live Chat SUX! I mean really, Flash chat has a bigger screen, more goodies, custom made color schemes (why you can even have one in red,white and blue!), etc., And what does Live Chat offer? It loads slower, smaller screen, and overall, its feel is more difficult and constraining. Plus, from the techie side of things, Flash makes better applets than Java does.

So come on, get out and vote Flash Chat!

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Edited by GarthP2000

I mean really, Flash chat has a bigger screen
don't get stuck on stupid ... you can make live chat full screen...

more goodies, custom made color schemes (why you can even have one in red,white and blue!
live chat can have colors, but in flash there have been half hour discussions about what color to use so someone's text doesn't disappear ...
And what does Live Chat offer? It loads slower, smaller screen, and overall, its feel is more difficult and constraining.
loads slower? maybe, but after that few seconds it is much more responsive ... by the time flash puts your response up, there have been 3 other points and 2 jokes told, live chat is pretty immediate ... it even has cool sounds like the doorbell and my fav' ... squeeky toy!
Plus, from the techie side of things, Flash makes better applets than Java does.
huh well, it has those little avatars bouncing all over ... lotsa clutter ... not what I want when many people are talking ...

flash is just some flash ... live chat is the real deal. and many have more connection problems with flash ... don't be a stumblingblock to those good folks ... vote LIVE CHAT ... (free beer on the ride to the polls)

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Belle?????

Hello????? Is this thing on????

Oh! She must be baking! :biglaugh:

Free beer (from Rhino) and (as soon as the goodies come out of the oven) wonderful Southern delicacies in Live Chat. (Ex 10 is first in line!).

Darn! Where are Sharon's cookies when you need them?????

O.K. Besides geeky, artsy folks like Garth who predictably would like Flash ( :wink2: ), the rest of you just be patient while Live Chat loads (bathroom break or something), then you can type as fast as you want and keep up with all the chatter - - cuz LIVE CHAT ROCKS!!!!!

LIVE CHAT ROCKS! VOTE LIVE CHAT!!!!!

J.

Got who's chatting to show who is in both rooms now.

Just call me GreasyHacker. :spy:

Edited by GreasyTech

As head of the Flash Chat for Prez Campaign Committee, I *urge* all faithful and patriotic GSers to vote for Flash Chat.

Flash chat has a bigger screen, more goodies, custom made color schemes

Ah Garth, you have taken lessons from the current presidential administration, deceptively stating as fact things that simply are not true, hoping the unlearned masses will believe them anyway. Live chat can have a bigger screen (more displayed chat lines) than flash, if you make it float (the box at the bottom with four arrows). The nice thing about this is the room can be accessed from your taskbar, thus freeing up the main browser window for other pages for us multitaskers. I would think you would like that, so your mentor can watch his Haliburton stock, count the mangoes in India, watch for WMDS in Iraq, all while chatting! teehee

Live chat takes 24 seconds longer to load than Flash for me, and once in there, I don't have to wait for a pause in the animated avatars to get my chat text to appear. More importantly, it is more intuitive, faster, and easier. If you want colors go ahead and change them (in either room), but if you want a teal screen with white text, don't complain that you can't see my text, and don't expect most of us to see your white text on our white or beige screens.

Isn't Red White and Blue the French colors? uhhuh, thought so!

~HAP

(Damn! Caught on the window size situation. I'll just go into my Dubya look like the one he had when he was notified of the attack while he was reading that kindergarten book :D)

Uhhh uhhhh, .... the intelligence information that I got about Live Chat was flawed. Yeah! Yeah! That's it! ..... Ummm, Live Chat is still a threat to our democracy and way of life. .... Al Gore claimed that he invented Live Chat, like he did the internet. ....... Damn, my communications box hidden in my suit just fizzed out. ..... :confused:

Oh well, there's always 2008.

:biglaugh::biglaugh: