GreaseSpot Cafe

Peeler vs. twi details

bowtwi

:biglaugh:

You said,"

Interestingly enough, TWI's attorneys allege the Peelers knew or should have known they were being conned from the beginning!"

So let me see if I got this right for some who are still in or thinking about bolting out the door.

TWI's own attorneys admit that they (The Peelers) were being conned from the beginning. He (said attorney) is using this as a defense.

There you have it folks, from the mouth of TWI, via their attorney who represents what they say and are - YOU ARE BEING CONNED AND HAVE BEEN FROM THE BEGINNING.

Unbelievable

I wonder if twi's "legal" guy, G@ry Freder1ck, knows about this...???

Surely he does.........after all, he's in the loop of knowing.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

• 1 month later...

Hi bowtwi!

Since the Peelers have the advantage of the Appellate hearing having been heard ~ April Fool's Day, with the two month 'anniversary' of the hearing occurring on 6/6/6 {06 June 2006}, hopefully good news will be imminently forthcoming!!!

Nevertheless, the Appellate court typically renders their decisions in 90 to 180 days, therefore a decision should be rendered between 07/06/06 to 10/06/06. Hopefully the case will be remanded by the Appellate Court {back} to TN State Circuit Court in Chattanooga for a jury trial, rather than the case dismissal via motion for summary judgement being upheld. If the latter were to eventuate, then the case would need to be appealed to the TN Supreme Court, & if rebuffed there, on to the US Supreme Court.

Typically there is no pre-announcement of the rendered decision, simply a notification by the Appellate Judges' clerk(s) to the Peelers' attorneys.

Edited by jkboehme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It appears that a decision will be rendered by the Appellate Court shortly after the July 4th recess.

Of all of the cases heard by the Appellate Court in that particular session in April 06, the Peeler vs. twi case is the only one that has not had a decision rendered.

On 07/05/2006, the TN Appellate Court ruled that the judgment of the trial court is affirmed, i.e., the dismissal of the Peelers' case in 07/2005 by the TN State Circuit Court of Judge Marie Williams has been upheld.

Therefore the Peelers' case will be appealed to the TN Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court only grants ~ 1-5% of the applications filed each year in civil cases. The unique circumstances and the apparent constitutional issues might pique the curiosity of the court, especially in view of the increased litigation regarding religious organizations over the past 5 years, FBI top-ten Warren Jeffs of cultic FLDS not withstanding.

Well, Maybe that little holiday gave them folks a little break and ability to think clearer....

Supreme Court--this is where the action is.....I hope and pray the scales of justice will prevail..

THe Peelers can put things to rest...what a tasking story..

we need to keep them in our prayers.