GreaseSpot Cafe

An Experiment

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well! Since this thread got moved to "Doctrinal" I guess my gig is up. Sigh.

My 'experiment' was to show people exactly how twi taught folks how to 'handle the word'.

This thread was not intended as a doctrinal discussion.

Sigh.

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

And it did what I wanted it to do.

Thanks, OM, for your participation. Too bad your 'brothers in arms', so to speak, left you high and dry here all by yourself.

There are no contestant prizes, though.

Except, maybe, an epiphany or two.

Yeah...what MO said....

I will continue to *cry wolf* for as long as the wolf remains disguised as a sheep...untill all can see what lies benieth cunningly designed sheeps clothing...

Thus destroying his credibility, the credibility of his doctrine and destroy the effectiveness of his ministry to seduce people away from God with his false doctrines :)

Dunno how you get *hate* outta that <_<

Those who have committed fornication shall go to hell.

No exceptions.

No deviations.

Ever get drunk?

Burn baby burn.

To be a fornicator means that once in yourlife you fornicated?

to be a drunkard means that once in your life you got drunk?

I dont think so.

:)

I`d like to point out as an aside...and SINCE we have been demoted to the doctrinal basement....How once again..... I am always suprised when more venom is generated and focused on the folks who TALK about what wierwille and his leaders did, than anger that is EVER directed at the people who actually betrayed the believers and actually committed these crimes :rolleyes:

I`d like to point out as an aside...and SINCE we have been demoted to the doctrinal basement....How once again..... I am always suprised when more venom is generated and focused on the folks who TALK about what wierwille and his leaders did, than anger that is EVER directed at the people who actually betrayed the believers and actually committed these crimes :rolleyes:

You've described waybrain through and through, rascal.

So much of twi focuses on, "Look at that wrong over there! Quick now! If you see that wrong over there, you can't possibly see my wrong I'm perpetrating against you, your wife, and your children. So quick look at that wrong over there!"

Proof of this mentality is right here in this thread.

That's how twi 'handled the word'. That's how vpw handled other people's research. That's how twi avoids admitting any wrong-doing at all.

And people who perpetuate this mindset?

Well, they are twice the wolves of their 'teachers'. IMO.

Rascal, it's just my opinion that those folks have to justify the evil actions and lives being ruined because they must have some connection to it in one way or another and to actually admit that things were wrong and that vee pee and the other leaders were awful, evil, corrupt and downright devilish would cause even more conflict and guilt in their own lives. For some sick reason they have a vested interest in protecting vee pee and those horrible people.

BUT all that rhetoric and attacks are just smoke and mirrors to get away from actually answering the question asked.

Just a friendly reminder of the topic that is actually supposed to be the center of the discussion on this thread: THE Question - Still No Answer

No exceptions.

No deviations.

Ever get drunk?

Burn baby burn.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I Corinthians 6:9 & 10 (KJV)

So I'm not the chewiest cookie in the jar - but I didn't see the word, "hell" in there anywhere.

Isn't it possible that we don't understand it all? Does "shall not inherit the kingdom of God" have to equal "going to hell?"

Remember back in Genesis when the serpent told Eve "thou shall not surely die" but God had said, "on the day thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die. (paraphrased for your listening pleasure :) )" For years, generations many said that God must've been wrong - or mistaken and that the serpent was right and called God's bluff.

These (cited above) will not inherit the kingdom of God - what ever that means. (BTW a drunkard is much different from one who has a few drinks.) It doesn't necessarily follow that these will enter the gates of hell.

I can think of a possible explanation (Not an exception) - but this thread is not about that = it is about whether or not we will add a word, change a word, omit a word - or say,"That is the Word. er, um "It is written."

Good night and good luck.

belle may I join you on the couch now? - I have peanut m&m's!

No exceptions.

No deviations.

Ever get drunk?

Burn baby burn.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I Corinthians 6:9 & 10 (KJV)

So I'm not the chewiest cookie in the jar - but I didn't see the word, "hell" in there anywhere.

Isn't it possible that we don't understand it all? Does "shall not inherit the kingdom of God" have to equal "going to hell?"

Remember back in Genesis when the serpent told Eve "thou shall not surely die" but God had said, "on the day thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die. (paraphrased for your listening pleasure :) )" For years, generations many said that God must've been wrong - or mistaken and that the serpent was right and called God's bluff.

These (cited above) will not inherit the kingdom of God - what ever that means. (BTW a drunkard is much different from one who has a few drinks.) It doesn't necessarily follow that these will enter the gates of hell.

I can think of a possible explanation (Not an exception) - but this thread is not about that = it is about whether or not we will add a word, change a word, omit a word - or say,"That is the Word. er, um "It is written."

Good night and good luck.

belle may I join you on the couch now? - I have peanut m&m's!

Oldies,

Paul warned the flock face to face about present dangers.

And since when was it specifically and biblically noted that it had to be a present danger, hmmm? And keep in mind that there are plenty of past examples of bad behavior that we can keep mindful of. Or does 'The Word' prohibit us from doing just that?

<_<

Alright, here are the exceptions:

1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

All those who fall in that category,

except of course VP, LCM, and whoever else it shant apply to...

1Cr 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I therefore take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never!

1Cr 6:16 Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, "The two shall become one flesh."

1Cr 6:17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

1Cr 6:18 Shun immorality. Every other sin which a man commits is outside the body; but the immoral man sins against his own body.

1Cr 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own;

1Cr 6:20 you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Continuing on so that we see the remainder of the context.

And to continue on with the Galatians passage quoted earlier:

Gal 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Gal 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us have no self-conceit, no provoking of one another, no envy of one another.

Please note the tense in Gal 5:24. Note that it is rendered in the present perfect tense in the English. In the Greek it is in the aorist -- indicating a distinct event, looked at from the outside, that has happened in the past.

Go ahead and discuss!!!

Your post Belle, reminded me of a time when vp went BALLISTIC because HA had played penny poker while he was visiting his family on holiday......

He was nuts....yelled and stomped talking about how it was gambling and Howard was really screwin up...that he was in all kinds of trouble for not listening....THIS from the man who was drugging and raping young women :rolleyes:

He had some nerve being so venemous over penny poker ...considering what HE was guilty of personally.

Isn't it possible that we don't understand it all?

Some people do understand it but I'm not derailing this thread to go there :offtopic:

Does "shall not inherit the kingdom of God" have to equal "going to hell?" NOPE

Tom...don't worry...there's plenty of furniture right here in this thread. Belle brought her own easy chair and dooj brought her own couch.

Haul up yer fave lazy boy and have a relaxing sit-down! :D

(Oh...people are bringing snacks and drinks, too...hint hint...hehehehe.)

Does "shall not inherit the kingdom of God" have to equal "going to hell?" NOPE

I agree.

I remember the twi teaching that inheritance refers to rewards, so I think that makes more sense.

Here's another scripture:

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

There the terminology is "hath any inheritance in", rather than just "inherit".

I believe they are talking about the same thing.

Not that I don't have my understanding problems with this whole concept.

I mean, we are talking about losing inheritance for all eternity?

Eternity is a long long long long time.

Dooj, I'll share my Raisinettes if you'll share your peanut M&Ms. :D

How about these verses? It looks here like the righteous are those who do righteous things. I can't say that I know any TWIts who do these righteous things....

Matthew 25:34-46

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.