GreaseSpot Cafe

An Experiment

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I Corinthians 6:9 & 10 (KJV)

Can anybody find any exceptions to this?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be interesting--

How long until someone starts to 'add a word, change a word, screwup a word, void a concept, jump through hoops doing backward somersaults, and negate and change the whole thing' to back their theology?

I am bettin' it wont be long...

Edited by mstar1

Cool, I know you didn't write the book, so I'm not sure why you're being asked to clarify what's clearly written in the scriptures that you posted. *shrug*

Wouldn't the author be the one for someone with issues to go to? In fact, I think that's what vee pee said when he was teaching....something like, "Don't blame me; I didn't write the book".... :biglaugh:

Alright, here are the exceptions:

1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

All those who fall in that category,

except of course VP, LCM, and whoever else it shant apply to...

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:16, 19-21 (KJV)

Now can anybody find any exceptions to this?

Hmm vpw or scriptures vpw or scriptures who ARE we to believe??

Walking in the flesh or walking in the spirit....

Funny oldies, but since leaving twi, I haven`t seemed to have had a challenge in any of these catagories....just one more of those things that make you go hmmmmm

I don't know Rascal ... from your unrelenting accusative posts against VP LCM the Bot and TWI in general, I'd say you manifest hatred and wrath against all of them...

Just an observation ...

But, thank God we are born again, and if we hate or have wrath, God won't cast us out because he loves us.

You betcha, Mo! :love3: Want butter on your popcorn?

I see we still don't have an answer and I'm guessing we still haven't even touched the actual subject of the question.. ..probably still trying to change the subject.... that would be my guess....

Rice Krispies are ready!!!! Yummy!!! Help yourself....

ricekrispytreat.gif

Welcome Mo!!! Soda is good!!! Enjoy the show...there's a surprise ending. :biglaugh:

OM says:

from your unrelenting accusative posts against VP LCM the Bot and TWI in general, I'd say you manifest hatred and wrath against all of them
To which I say:
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. Acts 20:28-31 (KJV)

It's not hatred and wrath, according the bible, to warn the flock of the wolves in its midst.

Pssst...unless, of course, it upsets the wolves. Tee hee.

1st Corinthians 6

[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Were --past tense

ye are washed --accomplished after "were"

what we are waiting for is a verse which says after ye are washed

you can be

fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, abusers of themselves with mankind,

thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, extortioners,

And still inherit the kingdom of GOD

It's not hatred and wrath, according the bible, to warn the flock of the wolves in its midst.

Paul warned the flock face to face about present dangers.

vs.

Anonymous postings of others' sins, rehashed over and over, with some of those sinners dead, who can't respond to the accusations.

Apples and oranges.