GreaseSpot Cafe

k k k

coolchef1248 @adelphia.net

Did the guy put it on his app? That in and of itself should be very telling to you. In my lodge, we wouldn't check the backgrounds that seriously or really even care. It's not who or what they were 20 years ago or anything like that....20 years ago, I hosted a number of TWI activities in my home. That was then....this is now.

We have a Klan presence here that comes out of the woodwork from time to time and does things...I don't know who they are or especially care.

A few years back, a guy got really drunk and beat his wife and stomped up and down on his 18 month old daughters back until it was broken and she'll be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of her life. He went to jail, as all good abusers should, but the trial venue was changed to Little Rock where he drew a liberal judge. This judge decided that since he'd been abused as a kid himself, he wasn't responsible for his actions and gave the guy a $1000 fine plus time served.

He came home smirking and smug.

The local Klan got together took up a collection to pay his fine so he could come back home, then took him out one night when he was nice and drunk...then had a terrible accident with a baseball bat...now, like his daughter, he'll never, ever stand or walk again.

The guy is quite white.

I'm not defending anyone, necessarily, but I wouldn't judge someone by any other criteria than who they are right now.

Edited by Ron G.

I think the criteria should be what is he doing now, what has he been doing the last 10 years. Klu Klux Klan, Aryan Nation, American Nazi Party--usually present themselves as a social group, just a bunch of good ol' boys getting together for some down time. It may be weeks or even months before the newest member of the clique even is told that they are an organization much less what they are about.

These Hate groups groom potential candidates, don't want infiltrators or spy's, so this guy may have joined one group only to find out it was a mask for the KKK afterwards. I think the important thing is that he "unjoined"

• 2 weeks later...
What is your club?

And what did he say to assuage anyone's concern about him being a former klansman?

Exactly my question...you state that your club is "private"...not knowing what your private club is all about and what it stands for, makes it difficult to determine the appropriateness of letting him in.

If you're a club that meets once a week to play poker and drink beer...let him in

If you're a club that is concerned with your public image for some reason...black ball him.

...oh well, I guess it's moot point now.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr