GreaseSpot Cafe

Question

Nottawayfer

There was a believer (wow?) who ended up being a serial killer of college girls in (Lansing?) Michigan.

I have forgotten the details...but I saw a tv show about it once....

I have heard that one wow fc in alabama murdered his entire wow family (I think around 79)

This was the sort of thing that was hushed up...only those directly involved ever knew.

Yes, there was one. I used to read a lot of Ann Rule's true crime books.

The guy was the subject of one of her books, I think its called, the I-70 Killer - something like that - The I-something Killer. As I'm reading this book, I kept thinking, this guy looks very familiar - but could never place him.

About 3/4s through the book, after one of his killing sprees he took off for the midwest. Two ladies' were driving back from a TWI fellowship when their tire blew and he stopped and helped them change the tire. They asked him to twig fellowship and he came. I think he was staying with someone he knew in the area.

Anyway, he took PFAL and began dating one of the women (I think she was in her 40s) with the leadership's encouragement, and since he was a "believer" no one had any clue. He was biding his time in hiding and was now involved with TWI.

They brought him to the Rock that summer. He talked about working in the food tent - aha - no, I wasn't crazy, that's where I had met him! We both worked in the food tent together.

Well, he ended up murdering the woman after the Rock. This all came out at his trial when the prosecutor was asking him about his involvement in TWI, since that's where the woman had met him.

Its been a long time since I've read the book. Its either the Highway Killer, the I-something Killer. He was an odd looking guy with a prominent forehead - that's probably why I thought I had seen him but brushed it off.

Very sad. It was never mentioned by TWI.

Ann Rule book, eh?

*googles the name Ann Rule and clicks on her official website*

"The I-5 Killer".

http://www.annrules.com/prod14.htm

ISBN 0-451-16559-4 (Paperback) Signet.

"The true case of a handsome, athletic hero who turned out to be someone else entirely.

Locale: Oregon, Washington."

Amazon.com said

"As a young man, Randall Woodfield had it all...."

"...As the list of the dead grew, the police mobilized to stop a twisted killer who

had 44 known deaths to his name."

Someone who graduated with the 10th corps, a Norwegian, murdered all his roommates in his way home. This happened in Norway in 1989 I think. I knew him fairly well.

It was quite a shock, and still is, actually. icon_frown.gif:(--> He turned himself in, and confessed, and got life imprisonment as a sentence.

That's some creepy stuff guys. I know I had some hard times on the WOW field, but I could not imagine living with a killer. It is amazing that not more people know about these incidents.

I remember them sharing about not hitting members of your WOW family. I always thought it was weird they had to say that. But then I was held against my will.....gawd! That program should have been ****-canned a long time before it was. There was way too much crap happening, and it was a small trickle from the top of the heap.