GreaseSpot Cafe

The Ubiquitously Hidden Teaching of VPW

Mike

The point I was bringing out with Job was how the the word "greatly" indicated intensity.

The point of Dr's story rests on the intensity of her fear.

It was the intensity I was bringing attention to.

As far as who gets the credit for when the law of believing works? I'd say it all goes to God, Who designed the law, Who inspires great operation of it, and Who stands buy to excute His promises and energize the operation of His laws, as He watches over His Word.

Ginger Tea,

Why didn't people get up and walk out on the little boy story? Because of how well Dr paints the picture that this was an EXTREME case, not something we have to worry about in our own lives. THAT came much later, but it's not in the class.

shaz,

You're right about a certain type of fear being a useful survival mechanism built in us to protect us. That was what I was getting into when I mention "sudden fear" above.

But there is ALSO a more intense mental ability of people to believe metaphysically or in the supernatural.

This second type of fear is the more intense stuff Dr is talking about.

While reading this, pay close attention to the intensity and persistence of the negative believing portrayed here. This is the film class transcript for the story with my commentary in square brackets regarding its differences with the book:

Fear brings results. But they are negative results. They are results in reverse, just out of the opposite order of the positive results. [this paragraph was removed from the book]

Years ago I knew a minister whose wife had passed away and he had seven or eight children. I just do not recall how many children. About a year later he married another woman who had four or five of her own. And I suppose this gave it to them cheaper by the dozen, but I'm not sure. But they lived happily together.

And about a block and a half away lived a woman who had just one boy. And this woman who had just this one son was always frustrated, always nervous, always afraid. While this minister and his wife who had this whole bunch of children it just seemed like some how or another nothing ever happened to them.

Oh they get a black eye once in awhile, somebody comes home with a bloody nose, but they just lived. But this one woman with her one son, boy she was a nervous frustrated woman if you ever saw one. And week after week and month after month it got worse. [this paragraph was removed from the book]

When her little boy started to kindergarten she used to walk him across the street and put him in the next block where the kindergarten was for fear he might get run over. Afraid he might get hit by an automobile. When he was in the first grade she did the same thing--in the second grade--third grade.

And she called on this minister and she said, "I don't understand why I'm so nervous and so upset all the time. I have just one boy, that's all I have to care. You have got all of these children, some how or other it just seems like nothing ever happens to them and you just live abundantly."

You know what he said to her? He said, "ma'am this is how we operate. We get them around the breakfast table. It's the only time we can get our whole family together. We get them all around the breakfast table and when we have them seated around the breakfast table I do the praying. Everybody's quiet, I pray. And I pray like this: `Lord here we are all together at breakfast; now Lord,' he said, `they're all going out to school and other places today. So what I'm going to do with this family Lord; I give them all to you right now. Amen.' Boy right after you give them to the Lord you say `amen' real quickly because you don't want to take them back." He relinquished them to the Lord. Literally, he just let go and let God and those children just did amiably.

About a year and a half or two later this son of this woman was coming home from school early once. Mother hadn't met him at the street across the block. He came home from school and they were living on a road where not more than three houses were located at the time. And when they came back from school that day the boy walked out in that street and got hit by an automobile and killed outright.

I went to the service of that boy and you know what the minister preached on? That God now had another rose petal in heaven. My God people! To think of it, that God Almighty, who created the heavens and the earth, that he should want to kill a little boy like that because God needed another rose petal in heaven. Oh my God when are we going to learn something? That's blasphemy! Do you know what killed that little boy? You just quit yakking about anything else. You know what killed him. God didn't kill that boy. You know what killed that boy? The fear in the heart in the life of that mother--because that mother was just desperately afraid something was going to happen to her little Johnny. And she kept that fear and kept it, till one day it happened.

Why? Because it's a law! It's a law. That which you are afraid of is what you are going to receive. She was afraid of her boy, she was afraid he was going to get killed. She was afraid she was going to lose him and she did just that. God didn't do it! She did it with her own negative believing. Her own fears were the contributing factors that ultimately made possible the death of that little boy. [this paragraph was removed from the book]

I'm not sure what you mean, so I?ll guess.

We all have bouts of fears, but we fight it off mostly. The woman in the story is a rare type who zones into a negative expertise with little to no resistance.

When bad things DO happen to us, I don't think we need compare ourselves to this woman in the story, though.

Sorting through an inventory of where we often blow in our believing is NOT what we should be doing, although that is what things degenerated to at times.

Sorting through an inventory of the promises of God is what we were encouraged to do in the class.

And with reference to promises of God...how many of your enemies did God actually, smite? I have submitted my list to God in triplicate at least and those bast*rds are still here and doing well I might add...

And doing the works and greater works of JC. Man, I still haven't walked on water. Please tell me after 5 years of daily working this stuff....how many promises do you have down pat? Cuz' if these "promises" are in you that you don't even need to consider...you know, just realized, like the all 9 all the time...then maybe you really do have something to offer us...

Signs,miracles and wonders follow them that believe, right....well let us see your trail...

Not trying to bust your balls here...just want to know...

Hi Mike,

I thought I would reenter the debate here.

You have contended on many occasions that the Bible we have in the current forms is no longer reliable. I think you called it unreliable fragments and tattered remnants.

I have contended all along that this is not the case and not the declaration of VPW. Furthermore I have contended that your relationship with Jesus Christ is affected by your attitude toward the Scriptures.

In Revelation 19:13 we read, "And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called the Word of God." In this passage of scripture "...his name is called The Word of God."

The Word of God is always the same and it is always the Word of God no matter whether it is written in Genesis or in the Book of Revelation. The Name and the Word are identical. Wherever the name of Jesus Christ is used, there you have the person of Christ and the Word of Christ as one and the same. The Bible Word, that which is written in the Book called the Bible, is God?s Word. The Written Word and the Living Word are identical. The Church has not majored this. Our hearts are not believing it. The Bible Word is God?s Word because the Bible is the Word of God.

In Luke 8:11, "..The seed is the Word of God."

In Isaiah 55:11, "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

In 1 Peter 1:23, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."

In Ephesians 6:17, "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God."

Christ, the seed, the sword, are all referred to as the Word of God. The Word always produces reactions. Acts 7:54, "When they heard these things they were cut to the heart,..." Acts 2:41, "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

In 2 Timothy 2:15 is that wonderful record, "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth." It does not say that I am to study to show myself approved unto my congregation. I am not commissioned as a man of God to study to show myself approved unto my community. I am to study to show myself approved unto God and God alone. Paul said, "Far be it from me to be judged by you people, because my judge is God." We must live by what the Word of God says, to be approved of God.

In Hebrews 4:12 we read "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." The word "discerner" in the Greek is the word "critic". This is the only time in the entire Bible that this word is used. It says that the Bible Word is a "critic." The Word of God is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart - the inner man.

We have come to a terrible day in history because so many people have set themselves up as critics of the Bible, of the Word of God; when the Bible is given to be our critic. What right does any man have to criticize the Word of God. The Word of God is our critic.

The Bible is a lamp as well as a light. In Psalms 119:105, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

The Word is the Father God?s presence with us in his absence, manifested in the senses through the gift from the Holy Spirit in us. So the Word is my contact point with the Master. This makes the Word vital and alive.

The Bible is not just another book. Your attitude toward the Word is indicative of the place God holds in your life. All revivals are dependent upon the written Word becoming real in the lives of men.

It is impossible to separate a man from his words, likewise, it is impossible to separate God from His Word. So the living Word of God on the lips of a man of believing faith takes the place of the absent Christ. If a man?s word is of no value he will soon reason that God?s Word is valueless. Man?s unbelief in the Word of God is largely due to the lack of believing in his own words.

When you live in the Word and the Word lives in you, the Word once more becomes flesh among men. Let the Word of God then dwell in you richly for it will be life and health and joy unspeakable.

Ginger,

I don?t see it as taking a shot at the woman. When God had the story of David?s great sins placed in the scriptures, I don?t see that as God taking a shot at David. David was a wonderful man. But he also had some great flaws that God knows we can learn from, so He has the story of David and Uriah in there for our learning.

The same is the case with Dr and this woman. There?s anguish in his voice about the loss of her son. It?s like he?s saying ?if ONLY this could be prevented!? I see Dr teaching this to help us learn and understand how to get better results in our lives. Later, MUCH later, stories like this were misused and mis-taught in fear motivation schemes to keep the ministry together. The earlier is PFAL, the later is TVT.

Let?s stopp dredging up this story from memory and look carefully again at the text for a minute. There are key points that describe the intensity of the woman?s fear in this text. This fear was CULTIVATED by systematically. She had some teaching available to her by someone who was a good example in this area, and she still let this fear grow and grow.

These quotes are from the text I posted above:

this woman... was always frustrated, always nervous, always afraid.

this one woman ...boy she was a nervous frustrated woman if you ever saw one.

week after week and month after month it got worse.

in the first grade she did the same thing--in the second grade--third grade.

And she called on this minister ...He relinquished them to the Lord.

The fear in the heart in the life...

Her own fears were the contributing factors that ultimately made possible...

[This message was edited by Mike on July 12, 2003 at 15:59.]

karmicdebt,

I guess I'm doomed to the same fate of ignorance Jesus seems to have had to suffer from having no DNA children.

dizzydog,

I'm off to work, and I want the story of the woman and her little boy to settle. Remeind me again. Please don't forget that from 1971 to 1998 I did more Bible study than most, plus in all my recent PFAL study, I'm seeing KJV verses on every page. Also remember that a translation of the Word of God is only as authoritative as the authority of the translator. For all your expressed believing in God giving His Word in ancient times, why does your paradigm forbid God from doing the same kind of giving to us in modern times of His Word in English?

Mike,

Show me other comparisions you have with JC manifested in this world. Then maybe you can be can be listed in the same company...

Do we need to list what Christ did his short time on this planet? We won't even talk historically, we can just use the stuff VPW mentioned in his books, teachings, etc.

Now that I re-read it, it only seems to imply it.

If I didn't have a better replacement of God's Word given in English as PFAL is, then I'd NEVER have complained about the "difficulties" with the ancient received scriptures. Prior to 1998 I figured that these difficulties were God's problem and not mine. I just worked what was available to the best of my ability.

I think God's answer to the difficulties in the ancient scriptures, translation being a biggie, has been to re-issue His Word in a different format, PFAL.

When I say God has delivered His Word to us today in this form of PFAL, don't you say "no" and thus forbid this kind of process?

My post implied that God forbids this?

"When I say God has delivered His Word to us today in this form of PFAL, don't you say "no" and thus forbid this kind of process?"

How did I say that in this post?

Indeed I believe God is fully capable of keeping his Word throughout all generations.

Ginger,

I think the big point Dr was making was how intensly she cultivated the wrong things.

There are religious circles where people who DON'T exhibit a fear of going to hell, then that kind of cocky attitude places them right on the edge of the pit. These circles encourage fear bigtime. Advertizing and the news foster fear.

If fear isn't resisted it's damaging.

This is the whole point.

quote:
You know what killed that boy? The fear in the heart in the life of that mother--
you are ....ing me off

okay here's an experience that's no goshdarn guarantee for truth, just like the one wierwille described

when i was in 6th grade billy walls was an only child in my class. his mom loved him with a mother's great love. she did not fear for her little boy. he was walking along the overpass near our school/development and he got hit by a car and killed outright

my mother has 9 children. the only thing she can remember from the frikkin pfal class is that damn story and she had to spend years talking herself out of fearing for her children

you know what !!!!!!!! i don't think i've explained all my thoughts here because i'm too ....ed

ewwwwwwwww faaaaaaaaaaaa wierwille and pfal

and i don't want to hear your crap in a response

Exy,

There are things that happen that are baffling.

I would never try to pin "blame" on anyone for terrible events, UNLESS God gave me revelation. And for me to trust that revelation, I think I'd have to have a better relationship with Him than I do now.