GreaseSpot Cafe

Our Grad

I Love Bagpipes

I'm so proud of my Sarah....I just had to share. She is a joy and refreshing to my soul. :love3:

Sarah homeschooled, and part of that time was enrolled in correspondence schools. Her senior year in high school she included enrollment in the community college (4 classes) and earned a 4.0 average. One of her current passions? 4-H camp where she will be a camp counselor again this summer canoeing, rock climbing, and helping build success for kids and other teens. She is headed off this weekend to the NC mountains to receive her canoe instructor certification. (brrrr!!!!...that water will be co-o-o-old)

One of my favorite Sarah quotes:

A camp director asked Sarah, "What is your definition of success?"

Sarah thought momentarily and answered, "Whenever I go into a situation..when I walk away, if I have learned one thing, I have been successful."

(Okay...this is my first time ever posting a pic on the computer. It's a little blurry, but I still think she is beautiful! :) )

Sarah, I'm "busting my buttons - proud of you". You've certainly lit up my life. You are a treasure to me.

Bagpipes. we done good with her. (At least by my standards).

Iffin the rest of you folks only knew - you'd wonder how such a smart and beautiful young lady came from

us. (I'm sure NONE of you other proud parents EVER said that about your children).

Love you bunches,

Dad

AWWW shucks Mr Pipes, you're way tooooo modest!

You give kids a good environment to grow in and follow God's direction and "Voila! - they are people to be proud of!"

dooj

Congrats 'pipes. Our grad was home schooled as well. I'd call her well prepared.

One local girl has been doing her high school at a local college. Plus she's been taling CLEP tests and the like. When she graduates from High School, she'll get her Bachelors degree that day...

Thank ee everybody for the wonderful congrats!!!! Ya'll know how to make a body feel good. :)

Evan, we weren't quite that aggressive (bachelor's upon high school graduation). We do have one claim to fame though: In 1996 our "school" was the lead article in the Moore Report International. I got home one day and on my answering machine was a message from Dorothy Moore asking if I would write an article and send a pic!! My teeth about fell out!! I must have listened to that message 15 times! The article is entitled "Our Backyard Schoolroom." Sarah's pic was on the front page; she was feeding a baby squirrel. :dance:

Edited by I Love Bagpipes