GreaseSpot Cafe

Zany Pat up to his old antics...

GrouchoMarxJr

Everybodies favorite televangelist and class clown, that Zany old preacher Pat Robertson, (who recently recommended the assasination of a South American, national leader)...has done it again.

Seems that old crocodile smile Pat is claiming to have leg pressed 2000 lbs.!!! I didn't stutter...2000 lbs.!

He claims that he did it when he was 73 years old and was recovering from prostate cancer...Some sports experts are questioning this purported feat, declaring that the leg press record for the Florida State football team is only 1,335 lbs...

...but not to worry, Pat attributes his one ton leg press to the fact that he "eats well" and takes care of himself...and don't forget those wonder "health shakes" that Pat is now marketing...a mixture of soybean oil, Vinegar, and a few other nasty things...since the reporting of his "leg press", Pat's shakes are selling like crazy...and old Pat's crazy too...crazy like a fox. :wink2:

Oral Roberts? Has some semblence of respect?? :o

Please! This is the same guy who pulled the "Either I get 8 million dollars, or God is gonna take me home" scam, ..... and lots of people actually bought this crap and sent the 8 mill in!!

:asdf::asdf::asdf:

Yep...he's bench-pressing his way ever closer to the "Happy Acres" sanitorium...

one day on air he'll rattle a poop down his pant leg

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

does poop rattle ? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oral was sort of decent-like before the advent of the gargantuous Jesus which pinned Oral beneath his giant thumb in his 'tower of song'.

Someone once told me an analogy he had heard from Oral, in effect; 'Faith is like a kite, which for the clouds you cannot see, but you can feel still present if only through the tug of the kite-string...'

It seems more than just poor Oral's kite-string snapped that time many years ago, when he held himself hostage in the top floor of his tower.

I loved your compliments, Excy. Thank you. :redface2:

Danny

Edited by TheInvisibleDan

Oral Roberts? Has some semblence of respect?? ohmy.gif

Please! This is the same guy who pulled the "Either I get 8 million dollars, or God is gonna take me home" scam, ..... and lots of people actually bought this crap and sent the 8 mill in!!

Meebe these were folks with hope in their souls!!! :biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

...and while were on the subject...anybody ever catch Robert Tilton?

Don't know if he's still around (he might be dead by now for all I know)...but I recall watching him years ago...

Talk about a money hound!...He was relentless in his broadcasts, shaking people down for more and more and even more money. Want God's prosperity in your life?...just send your dough to Tilton and God would know that you were really "sincere" about receiving his blessings...your money would trigger the "THIS ONE'S OKAY" blinker on the Big Ol' Jesus of Our Father's Tally board and ...voila, prosperity is raining down on you from heaven. :biglaugh: This guy was straight out of the depths of the fundamentalist talent pool

On a really good show he would spread the pray requests out on the floor and CRAWL across them...and he would squint his eyes. Ever see an echidna? It's an animal from Australia that looks like it has venereal warts all around it's eyes...when Tilton would squint, he looked like an echidna.

Most Europeans think that American culture is all about Big Macs and levis...if they ever caught wind of this guy, they would run for the hills everytime an American tourist would show up in their country...afraid that maybe they had made one of those "vows" to Tilton and was preparing to multiply their "seed" all over the airport.

PS- portions of this post were paraphrased from the book, "The Real Frank Zappa"...

Funny stuff to be sure.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

yeah Garth... I remembet Tilton... I think he was doing business around here somewhere until some of those 'investigative journalists' found all of the prayer requests (that accompanied the money) in the dumpsters out back... if I'm not mistaken, I think he's up and running again...

Mr Groucho said:

Most Europeans think that American culture is all about Big Macs and levis...if they ever caught wind of this guy, they would run for the hills every time an American tourist would show up in their country...

This reminded me of the time I was with my Mom in Germany... people were always asking where we were from. I said Michigan... they had no clue... so I said Rochester... still no clue... so, I said Detroit... people would slowly back away, turn & leave :biglaugh:

I found out later, they heard that Detroit was one VERY bad place... they were scared!

...and while were on the subject...anybody ever catch Robert Tilton?

Don't know if he's still around (he might be dead by now for all I know)...but I recall watching him years ago...

Robert Tilton...omigosh, yes. I first caught him on the tube about 14 years ago, as I was up early one morning, sitting on the couch and feeding my baby daughter, and flipping through the dregs of early morning TV...lo and behold, there's this weird wide-eyed man standing on a stage, who gave a serious stare into the camera and uttered, in the same tone of telling a scary campfire story: "Satan came to me last night, and he was so scary..." and proceeded to ramble on for the next few minutes about his battle with the Devil himself. I never laughed so hard in my life.

I ended up ordering his free "package" which included a booklet on "Speaking in Tongues" (he must have read Stile's book as well), a huge payment plan "gameboard" poster of him holding his healing hand up to the TV screen, and a tiny plastic of "holy water' (which has since then evaporated).

He almost persuadest me to become an athiest (lol).

A couple years later, I guess he got nabbed by 20/20 through an expose on televangelists. He apparently was taking all these prayer requests mailed to him, removing the money and tossing the rest into the garbage without bothering to read the stuff. His reply to the expose was that he had been allergic to the ink people used to write their letters (but not apparently so with the same ink used in writing the checks).

Fast forward a few months later, - and he's televising a fund-drive to save his crumbling empire, centered around the theme of "building a [Nehemia] wall" - for every contribution sent in, his sidekick would excitedly run across the stage to add another brick to this wall...

What a piece of work, that guy...

yep, there's also room for Robert Tilton at "Happy Acres".

Danny