Weenie Roast 2006

bowtwi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I'm jealous as He11!!! I didn't know Rascal played the guitar!!!!

Rascal, you got some 'splainin to do!!!! And some concerts to make up for!!! I feel cheated!! :biglaugh:

I'm planning on having a party at my home with my new patio and "landscaping" in October! Any FL folks and those who can make it...... please keep your schedules open for the first or second week-end in October! :love3:

Not only does Rascal play the guitar but she sings quite sweetly...and knows most of the words!

I had been wanting to meet Rascal face-to-face for a long, long time. Never in a million years did I think that would happen in her home. What a gracious hostess! And her children are just beyond imagination when it comes to kindness, graciousness, humor, understanding and just being fun kids.

Sitting there hanging out with this remarkable family soothed some deep fears I've always had about being in the South. In fact, until I sat in Rascal's home and soaked up that family's particular magic, I was in a deep panic about being in the South. Rascal and her children changed all that for me. :)

Many, many thanks to Bowtwi for taking me along to the Roast and to Rascal's. I'll never be able to repay such a gift.

WOW!!! ALL the Rascals in one place at the same time!! How'd you manage that?? :biglaugh:

Rascal, you've got one awesome family!!! I love each one of 'em and how you've fostered and encouraged each one to develop according to their very individual personalities. :eusa_clap: You're just one awesome Mama!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for "Z" to have a little namesake in the Belle family one day. :love3: Pity she'll be too young when she's born for me to hook her up with Aaron.... :wink2:

Seth,

Yep.. You missed another one. We made it a lot earlier this year because of conflicts lots of folks had with our usual late September or October dates. I'm at an Ole Miss football game nearly every weekend during those months. I was thinking that it wouldn't be cool weather and nice sitting outdoors during August but I was pleasantly mistaken. Oh.. another pic. This was a weenie roast after all and Hawk and Corey brought the firewood and made and maintained the fire the whole time. Really and truly.. those two are the reason the weenie roast went so well. Thanks guys!!

wr22.jpg

sudo

Hey, love the greasespot t-shirt....where do you get one??????

Arkie Ron, Good guess, but no - it has become a tradition for the youngest Rascal male child to take my camera and photograph at least one foot. It appears I am collecting them. Since this latest one was taken at Weenie Roast 2006 Part II, I included it in my samples of the fun we had at Rascal's Haven for your viewing pleasure.

That boy is becoming quite a photographer, if I do say so myself. :dance:

Those of you with pictures are hearby volunteered to post them in the gallery (before this thread goes to page 2 and beyond).

I setup a Weenie Roast 2006 category. Just go to this link and hit the "New Image" button: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...md=sc&cat=4

I asume that those who posted pictures here still have a copy of them on their PC.

Either way, the pictures here can be saved off to your PC (right click, save) then uploaded to the gallery.

I would do it, but since I wasn't there and didn't take the pictures, I'd prefer that when they are posted to the gallery, they are associated with the ID of the person who took them. Also, they know the description of the picture and can add that when posting it.

Bowtwi,

Greasytech is being generous... making it easy for folks. But.. send me those pics at drbowden@lroom.org and I can post 'em my very own self. I gots my own server with unlimited bandwidth. :)

sudo

P.S. Yes.. I can also edit them for size and content as well because... I'm a computer nerd cry.gif

3 days and only 1 picture in there that isn't even from the Weenie Roast?