GreaseSpot Cafe

Did Veepee commit adultry when he was in his denomination?

GrouchoMarxJr

In a thread that I started not long ago concerning Wierwille's phoney Dr's degree, I stated that Veepee had been caught having sex with someone in his church and was given an ultimatum to resign or be fired...

...I believe this to be true but have been unable to document it for sure...for this I apologize.

Any legitimate documentation of this would be appreciated. If I am wrong, I stand corrected.

Groucho

I have heard the same thing, from a legitimate source. To try to document the facts, is really hard, because many of the ones who knew about it, have passed away.

I've actually tried to find out more details, and have met some people, of our corps generation, who say it's true and was documented actually in the files at the Sydney House, where the official "way historians" hung out.

The unfortunate thing is, the sources I have remember seeing the newspapaer clippings, but can't remember the Paper, or the date. I personally don't have the time, interest, energy to pursue it.

Wish I could help you more.

TWI doesn't have the Sidney House anymore. I doubt that Way historical items are there anymore. There is a historical department at HQ though. I doubt they would be willing to cough up any articles talking about their founding president getting caught with his pants down if there are any.

I am sending you a PM Groucho.

When this came up before, I did a search of the old newspapers collection on Ancestry.com. I found several brief articles about VPW, but none mentioning a scandal. That's not to say there wasn't one, but I think I said before, if there was, I seriously doubt it would be noted in the newspapers of that time. They just didn't typically cover local scandals, unless there was an arrest involved.

If Mr Wierwille was given the ultimatum to resign or get canned and opted for the former, why would it make the papers? The reason that someone in his position resigns is to save face and keep a lid on the unsavory actions that led up to that point, wouldn't you think?

Edited by oenophile

Good point, Oeno. I hadn't even thought of that.

I think you did, Linda. You acknowledged very clearly that lack of reports in the newspapers did not by any means show that it didn't happen. So we are left where we were...we have no account that it did happen, and no proof that it didn't. That brings us back to the original question of where did the statement come from. Groucho has given me an avenue or two that I can explore.

It doesnt mean a thng in the least, I know, but Linda, for some oddball reason, I noticed as I read my post that at least for the moment, I have exactly half of your total posts....1,301 versus 2,602. You are twice as talkative as I am i guess.

Edited by Lifted Up

Ok, I was told that it was in the paper, one of the local ones, and the invovled female became pregnant. Scandelous news in the 50's. Word definitely was out, and that's why the resignation ultimatum was given.

Regretfully, it can't be proven or disproven by any of us here.

Ok, I was told that it was in the paper, one of the local ones, and the invovled female became pregnant. Scandelous news in the 50's. Word definitely was out, and that's why the resignation ultimatum was given.

Regretfully, it can't be proven or disproven by any of us here.

Probably not, especially as there would not be any firsthand testimony. But it would be interesting if one could get closer to the source of the statement.

As long as I am counting posts, ex, .... 2,999?!

Thanks everybody for the responses...I think Karl Kohler could shed some light on this but he hasn't been around Greasespot for some time now.

There are definitely people who know about this...I have a feeling that most of them are either dead or in an old folks home somewhere...

I came across a post a while back where someone said the "historian" had a lot of

trouble doing a tour of the "historical center" after doing some digging.

The implication was that she put all the pieces together about this.

No idea who the historian was.

Ok, I was told that it was in the paper, one of the local ones, and the involved female became pregnant. Scandalous news in the 50's. ... Regretfully, it can't be proven or disproven by any of us here.

Well presumably there was also a birth, then (hushed up, of course). So there would be some records, somewhere. Perhaps given away for adoption. The child would be in its 50s now. Wonder if the Wierwille children/grandchildren know of any half-siblings?