GreaseSpot Cafe

dear housekeeping department :)

excathedra

I think ammonia is the great window/mirror cleaner that doesn't make streaks.

From an e-mail I got recently:

This list didn't have it, but I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, there is no smearing, which is why I love it so much for this.

yeah... my wife (she who must be obeyed) uses newspapers and windex... it's supposed to be the newspapers that hinder the streaking...

if I remember how Chaxlie Johnxon taught me, use some Parsons clear sudsy ammonia mixed with water (1:10) put it in a spray bottle and use clean paper towels... they should be fine...

if not, call me and I'll come show you how...

:) mwah

i can't use newspapers that grosses my hands out

Excie, if the grossing out is due to the ink, you can always go to where the newspaper is printed and pickup a roll of paper which hasn't been printed on. We used to get them all the time at HQ to use for packing. These were rolls which were toward the end of their use and weren't deemed big enough to use on the printers.

I think get a couple squeegees from home depot ... just use a little dawn dish soap ... and ask igotout to send you some blue surgical towels (I would but I am scum and don't really care that much), they are lint free, great for getting any streaks ... actually a little 0000 steel wool is good to have on hand for minor hard water stains and tough stuff, if you keep it dry it even works on streaks

how do you people graduate corpse and not know how to clean glass? :evilshades:

You generally have fewer streaks if you use more water (with just a little soap) Wiping the squeegee each stroke is a good idea on house windows cuz they can pick up lotsa crud. But it is quite possible the windows software spirit jumped from your computer to your hardware windows. , in which case I suggest buying all new windows.

Edited by rhino

Excie, if the grossing out is due to the ink, you can always go to where the newspaper is printed and pickup a roll of paper which hasn't been printed on. We used to get them all the time at HQ to use for packing. These were rolls which were toward the end of their use and weren't deemed big enough to use on the printers

Excie - this paper is appropriately called "newsprint." You can buy huge amounts of it fairly cheap at any art supply store. It comes in pads - like sketch pads.

Edited by doojable