GreaseSpot Cafe

Pat Robertson, part IV

markomalley

From CBS News:

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Thursday that he hasn't been a believer in global warming in the past, but this summer's record-breaking heat is "making a convert out of me."

On his "700 Club" broadcast taped in Virginia Beach, Robertson said, "It is getting hotter, and the icecaps are melting and there is a buildup of carbon dioxide in the air."

Switching sides on an issue that divides evangelical Christians, Robertson said, "We really need to address the burning of fossil fuels."

Robertson told viewers, "If we are contributing to the destruction of this planet, we need to do something about it."

This spring, Robertson said God had told him severe weather, in the form of storms and possibly a tsunami, will hit America's coastline this year.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. He added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."

Source: CBS News

Pat the Weather forecaster, now.

That guy sure is multi-talented!!!

:asdf::asdf:

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. He added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."

I think his *prophecies* are directly related to whatever

fast food he ate that day, and caused both nightmares, and gas.

Whatever happened to *Thus Sayeth The Lord*????

Now it's --- *If I heard the Lord right about 2006*?????

What a BOZO -- he should re-name his show the 666 club. :unsure:

Edited by dmiller

LOL! David, you might be onto something there! Someone needs to tell him that pizza before bed can do that to folks. ;)

What does he mean "IF"??? Someone making that much money and that much noise about having God's ear sure as heck shouldn't be having a problem understanding God, should he?? :unsure:

It doesn't surprise me one bit to see Robertson admit to the possability of global warming. A number of years ago our local and popular (Southern Baptist Preacher)did a sermon on organic living, it was quite good. It looks to me like some folks are just waking up from a long sleep.

America's coasts will be lashed with storms this year? ----------WOW----------there's some heavy revvy. Now if he had said this is the one and only year storms will NOT lash America's coasts then maybe one might think he's connected, DON'TCHA KNOW.

A momentary flash of thought strikes the brain of "The Rattler":

"Ugh, maybe there's something to this fossil fuel stuff after all"

Seems rather anti-climatic after all those years working up to "The Apocalypse".

As if one's going to only now worry about recycling cans and bottles amidst trials of grass-hopping, men-headed scorpion critter descending from the clouds upon the shoulders of people and plunging their deadly stingers into their backs.

Something's not quite right here.

Damn that "Rattler" - what's he up to now?

Edited by TheInvisibleDan