GreaseSpot Cafe

Shocked and Thrilled

BikerBabe

As some of you are aware, I went into the ER the other night to start all the medical I need to start to get healthy again. In the mail today was a card from the hospital emergency department. It thanked me for trusting them and was signed by my nurse that evening.

Has anyone else ever had a hospital do this after you were seen? I never have and I think it's such a cool idea after getting it. I went to the hospital's website and sent them a note telling them I thought this was a wonderful idea and I really appreciate the card.

one evening my wife and I were out to dinner and a lady approached our table and reminded me that I cared for her mother or sister when I worked in oncology.

Then she proceeded to tel me about her thyroid or Hemorrhoids or something?

I finished my dinner, but I didn't send her a card

Seriously, that is a great personal touch and should be done by more of us!

I usually send an email to a patient after a visit here with the following:

I am feeling:

1: Better, thanks Smokey

2: No change yet

3: Worse, you need to find another line of work

Thanks for sharing that BB

HEY SMOKEY!-----from the posts I've seen here today, it sounds like you've got a real keeper stateside. ( ok it's a derail, so bring me up on charges.) I think it's great she's reading PFAL. May be now she will stop saying "it's all Greek to me " when you make references to TWI and PFAL.

Heya BB,

First - Way coll that you are getting medical attention.

Second - yeah I had the same thing happen on my checkout from surgery. I got a card with signatures from everyone in the 4th floor west wing of the hospital I was in. The whole time I was there I was amazed at how thoughtful, caring and upbeat they all were. After all - it is ewasy to think that you are the only one there with a serious problem - and yet these people went from room to room and did their jobs with profiessionalism and true care. Getting a card before I c9ould thank them was sort of a crowning touch. OK - the signs were copies on a preprinted card - so what - it was cool to receive the card. The MD's were in three times a day. the nurses were there 24 hours a day.

Makes you heal faster doesn't it? - smiles - and even if it doen'st it still makes you feel better.....

Best,

RR