GreaseSpot Cafe

The Mommy Stare

oilfieldmedic

A few years ago on the 4th of July, my Step-son and I were shooting fireworks off the back deck.

It had rained about an hour prior to that, everything was wet,...NO problem!

We were shooting bottle rockets from a large wooden crate loaded with peat moss (which was loose and very easy to launch bottle rockets from.

My wife says, "You guys take those somewhere else, you'll burn the deck down."

Now she had just been discharged from the hospital and was recouping and I thought this poor women is still under the influence of anesthesia, because I had everything under control, "just go inside, we got it"!

I failed to think (imagine that) about when the bottle rockets when up, the sparks went down (into the peat moss)

Around 4am the next morning, there was a loud and rapid pounding on our front door and these two teenagers going fishing said, "Sir, the back of your house is on fire"!

I grabbed the garden hose and put out the deck fire before it melted all the siding...Dana called the fire department

then it got scary...she sat me down on the couch, and beginning at my birth commenced to rip me a new one, up one side & down the other...I just sat there and responded, "yes mame...yes mame"

We laugh about it now (I think anyway)...but when she was giving me the repremand, her eyes were so big and glaring and staring at me...why it burned a hole in my gut...

Now when the mommy stare is coming on, the kids, the dogs and I scatter & take cover

There ya have it!

That is so funny! It's true I think it was Gods little way of giving us women some control so to speak. Women and I think especially moms have this look that could just melt you if she wanted it to.

Whenever I was upset with my daughter all I had to do was look at her and she would burst out in tears and the look doesn't have to be a mean one it just has to show disaapointment and wisdom.

Glad nobody was hurt but you had it coming...haha!

:biglaugh: Thanks for sharing that Medic !!!!!!! And I agree - I put that Mommy Stare right up there with Superman's Heat Vision....At least with Superman you can back him down with a chunk of kryptonite. There ain't no stopping the Mommy Stare!

I can't recall who but someone had that framed and hung over the toilet. It was a house where she was the only female. She put it in a good location. :biglaugh:

And bowtwi, that picture you sent me of the tree....too bad it's on the line as to proper to post here....hahahahahaha....now why did I think of it when I read what I just wrote?......hahahahahahaha

The Mommy stare works on kids under the age of 12 and grown men that knew they should have listened to their wives before burning half the house down with bottle rockets :)

Trouble is NOTHING works on the kids now....as they are older....and the dogs, they know I'm a pushover. Same goes for old Smokey....ahhhh, the good ole days when all it took was a stare.

You are doggone right it is a conspiracy,Dahlin'

Once they outlawed us women using our rolling pins and cast iron skillets to inflict bodily harm on unruly family members....we were all given this special "gift".

Some of us can just use the gift better than others. I have thought about doing seminars on it.

Ya know I luv ya more than chocolate, babe :biglaugh::biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...