GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

Was it the NG episode where Picard, Guinan, Ro, ans a couple of others get turned into children (transporter mishap, I believe), and try to re-take the Enterprise from some Ferengi? Young Picard had a lot of hair. I remember that the first thing he did after being returned to normal was to feel for hair!

Incidentally, I picked "Way to Eden" to complement the previous use of "Spock's Brain." In my estimation, those two are tied for the worst ST episode of all time. And "Way to Eden" was essentially remade as "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier," probably the worst ST MOVIE ever.

George

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good guess, but it's not that episode.

another clue-the line is spoken on earth

if that doesn't help, I'll make the next clue obvious

George's choice of 2 worst episodes is hard to argue with, so I won't, as I mostly agree. They were certainly the most ridiculous (along with season 2,s 'I, Mudd"

Star Trek 5 is amazingly awful

I have other choices for 'worst' episode based on other criteria, but that's another discussion

"THE FIRST DUTY."

When Picard finally gets to see Boothby again,

Boothby replies

"I remember you.

What happened to your hair?"

Boothby gets great lines.

Was it the NG episode where Picard, Guinan, Ro, ans a couple of others get turned into children (transporter mishap, I believe), and try to re-take the Enterprise from some Ferengi? Young Picard had a lot of hair. I remember that the first thing he did after being returned to normal was to feel for hair!

With a faint look of disappointment, at that!

Incidentally, I picked "Way to Eden" to complement the previous use of "Spock's Brain." In my estimation, those two are tied for the worst ST episode of all time. And "Way to Eden" was essentially remade as "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier," probably the worst ST MOVIE ever.

George

I hear the Voyager fans consider "Threshold" the worst Trek episode ever,

due to it being a continuous string of science fantasy so far from plausible that

suspension of disbelief just can't be done.

(For most people.)

First Duty it is

my vote for worst episode is 'Requiem for Methuselah"

It's not the stupidest, or most far fetched , but it typified everything wrong with 3rd season Trek.

Kirk lands on a planet and immediately falls in love with a hot blonde

Nothing new there, but in the meantime, the Enterprise is shrunk and dangling from 'Methuselah's hand like a piece of jewelry.

So with over 400 people he's responsible for in this dire situation, Kirk is wholly consumed with fighting this guy over this woman he's known for about 2 hours.

'In the Corbomite Manuever, Kirk tells McCoy he already has a woman to worry about, her name is the Enterprise. Not any more.

He's at least ashamed of himself at the end. McCoy then lambasts Spock, defending Kirk's actions because, well, that's what real men do, sacrifice all to get their rocks off.

Spock, in a move to show his 'humanity' mind melds with Kirk to make him forget.

He should have made him remember what he said in the Corbomite Manuever.

ok I've got that off my chest. It's shows like that that make some of the original series unwatchable for me.

"The moon.

Yes, that will be my home.

My paradise.

I shall find there, all the souls I love -- Socrates, Galileo..."

"The Captain will do everything in his power to stop you."

"G sub I J of t as t approaches infinity..."

"That's G of t over G-naught."

"So it is, so it is."

"I still don't see how you can incorporate the quantum principle into general relativity without

adjusting the cosmological constant a lot more than you're doing here."

"If we increase the value as you suggest, we must face the possibility of twenty-six dimensions,

instead of ten!"

"I'm not sure if I'm ready for that."

"I certainly am not."

"But if this semiset was curved into the subatomic, the infinities might cancel each other out."

"Gruss Gott. They just might."

TNG...

9th degree?

You meant "the Nth Degree",

which IS the correct answer.

Barclay's brain gets a super-upgrade, and he gets confidence and an effective

personality as a side-effect.

Before that, he's unable to perform Cyrano confidently, even with full costume.

Afterwards, he's 'in character' with no need of costume.

Thus, the lines from the play about the moon.

After he takes over the ship, they begin working on a bypass to the engines so they

can get to a starbase, while the ship's counselor tries to talk him out of his plan,

and thus out of being plugged into the ship. When she fails, she turns back and says

"The Captain will do everything within his power to stop you,"

which not only won't convince him to step out,

not only will convince him she was insincere when talking earlier,

but was as good as sounding an alert that they were working on something-

which, of course, means Barclay stopsm Geordi's bypass. All from one line.

Also, he stays up all night debating the Grand Unification Theory with a holographic

program of Albert Einstein-and is getting the better of him in discussion!

It was the German Einstein who said "Gruss gott!"

=========

pawnbroker's turn!