GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "Encounter at Farpoint," then. The second line could be Riker with Data in the holodeck.

George

No.

"Hailing frequencies CLOSED, sir."

"My friend Data, you see things with the wonder of a child. And that makes you more human than any of us."

"I keep thinking, how empty it will be without her presence. Did I miss the point?"

"No... no, you didn't, Data. You got it."

"A Taste of Armageddon" had one of the silliest ST moments. Kirk and Spock tell people to move out of the way, so they don't get hit by the phasers they're using to blow up a disintegration chamber; the people scatter. HELLOOO! They're there to GET disintegrated! Who cares if it's a phaser or the chamber?

Try this one:

"Commodore, you may file a formal grievance at the nearest Starbase, should we survive to reach one. But you ARE relieved of command."

George

Correct.

"Is that all?

If she were not dead, I would kill her myself!"

ST:TNG managed to put forth "there is no god" in one episode,

and "there is intelligent design" in THIS episode.

Neat trick, and quite clever.

:eusa_clap:

Go, George!

Edited by WordWolf

all of those Klingon episodes from NG and beyond mix together like a plate of gagh for me. I can't tell one Kahless from another.

There's only 2 Kahless.

"Kahless the Unforgettable" was the warrior and General who founded Klingon society as it is now known.

He is said to have been a Klingon of impeccable honour, their greatest warrior,

and the inventor of the bat'lelth weapon (the "sword of honour" of the Klingons.)

To this day (in the shows), some Klingons wait for him to return, just as legends say

King Arthur will return.

The second Kahless was a clone from the genetic template of the original Kahless.

His knowledge is composed of the collected teachings and legends concerning Kahless.

He was installed ceremonial emperor of the Klingon Empire.

(Think of how the Queen of England can't just set policy.)

The political power of the Klingon Empire rests in the Klingon High Council.

"Kahless" is there to INSPIRE, to be a visible EXAMPLE to Klingons.

These quotes are most certainly from Deep Space 9, but I'm still unable to name

it yet. I like the first quote, though.

Funny how Sun Tzu's quoted-Picard quoted him as well in NextGen.

Not DS9.

The previous two quotes were googled. This one is from memeory, so it won't be letter-perfect, but it's more likelly to give away the episode:

"I think I'm going to change my specialty. I predict that there will be great demand for plastic surgery throughout the Empire."

George

Yes. The episdode title was "Divergence." The second of two parts showing that a Klingon attempt to generate "augments" like Khan using human augment DNA wound up making Klingons look more human. And though the DNA damage could be reversed, it would take a few generations. In the meantime, lots of Klingons would be looking to plastic surgery to return their forehead ridges.

The earlier "How are you feeling?" quote was directed to Capt. Archer, who had incorporated some Klingon DNA (I believe to develop an antibody to the augment virus).

Somebody has to break out of the OS/NG groove now and then!

Go, WW.

George