GreaseSpot Cafe

Way ProSUCtions

shortfuse

Sprawled: Thank you for that wonderful music. I was a Twig cordo from '81-'85 and that tape always reminds me of the best of those times.

I think of being a musician in TWI was sorta like being Ed McMahon. Stuff like Star search and that Publisher's clearing house sweepstakes that he did proves he has a marketable presence and personality in the entertainment industry, but when he was on the Tonight show he totally sublimated his ego and personality to make Johnny look good and did it well.

In a similar way, TWI musicians had to get their marching orders to make TWI look good. If a musician really is OK with that, no big deal, but no musician should be disdained and disrespected if they just don't want to do that. Ted Ferrell once posted that those who were quick to accuse musicians of being on an ego trip, themselves were on a jealousy trip. If you allow a musician to get on stage, LET HIM/HER PLAY!!! IMO.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember an album that was put out by Sue Pierce and Lynn Perrigo called "Timothy"...

Great songs and vocals...but they never "shot it through" the twi prism of censorship and control and they were pushed out the back door...

...Another example of how Wierwille insisted that everything was to be be controlled by him...I remember his arrogant rhetoric of "teaching" musicians how to be "right on" spiritually. What a crock of sh *t...

...Irregardless of how much talent they had or didn't have, twi musicians were never allowed to explore the depth of their inspirations without the cornfield preacher standing over them with the hammer.

I liked "Timothy" as well. I'd actually like to get a copy of that on CD, if it were available. (One of the few Way-era albums I would still like to have.) I loved the voices and the lyricism. And the gentleness of tone throughout the entire album. When I would hear the songs, the phrase "the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance" would spring up in my mind.

I guess you past Way Productions members would know far more than I, but I got the impression over the years Mr. Wierwille was more interested in hearing the type of music he liked rather than letting the Sprit of God inspire you, especially if it wasn't Way ® brand approved.

Not that I'm a professional musician by any stretch of the imagination, but after a while, I wasn't excited to hear anything more from Way Prod. It seemed even when you were performing, you were holding something back. Nothing I could put my finger on, but just a feeling....

I loved 'Face to Face' and 'Turn Your Eyes Apon Jesus'. To me those songs are really great songs.

And BTW..............WHY dosen't GSC have thier OWN group???

Maybe if someone who is good with the writing of songs and someone else is good with the writing of lyrics could team up, then have a few people who live close together that are good singers, could get together and do an audition type tape. Maybe we could have our own little "Singers of the Grease Spot Cafe" album.

Edited by danteh1