GreaseSpot Cafe

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

VeganXTC

Unbelievable people! Sure, you can post about getting out of TWI, and Biblical doctrine, but when it comes to important stuff, like piracy, no one has a thing to say.

Ok, land lubbers! Drty and I will split the bottle of rum between us. None for you!

Ha, DMiller! Maybe if you played a horn pipe instead of a fiddle, you'd know the seriousness of pirateering!

But if its pirate jokes you want:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not-so-Jolly Roger

A soldier meets a pirate in a bar, and the talk turns to their adventures. The soldier notes that the pirate has a peg leg, a hook and an eye patch.

"How did you end up with a peg leg?" he asks.

The pirate replies, "I was swept overboard into a school of sharks. As my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off."

"Wow!" says the soldier. "What about your hook?"

"Well," answers the pirate, "we were boarding a ship when one of the enemy hacked off my hand."

"Incredible. How’d you get the eye patch?"

"A grapefruit squirted in my eye," the pirate replies.

"You lost your eye to grapefruit juice?"

"Well," says the pirate, "it was my first day with the new hook."

I saw your joke earlier, but I was laughing so hard, I couldn't type. LOL! That was awesome!

Foe those of you not in the know, the TV show "Wife Swap" is on, right now, and one of the wives is.......... a Pirate!!!! LOL!!!

I believe the woman on Wife Swap is the wife of one of the two guys promoting Talk Like a Pirate Day, Captain Slappy and his sidekick Chumbucket--I forget which one. They're from Oregon.

I hope you guys have fun driving your coworkers nuts today. :D The morning talk jocks already drove me nuts doing the pirate talk thing during this morning's commute (maybe only because they already wore this out a few weeks ago when the new Pirates of the Carribbean movie came out).

Cap'n Slappy said on the radio this moring that the arrrrggghhh thing was started by the actor who played Long John Silver in the old Treasure Island movie.

I bet the original actor got attacked by a cat,

in the galley, working on plumbing,

as the cat worked on his *plumbing*.

ARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

:blink:

Ahoy me hearties! And shiver me timbers! Thar be many bloodthirsty buccaneers at the Greasespot Cafe!

Me mates and I looted and plundered the nursing home we work at. And our boss didn't flinch even when we ordered the serving wenches from dietary to bring us up some rum. I think he be a true pirate! Or he knew the store of rum was depleted.

The grandmas and grandpas cheered our deeds. One even crossed ranks to become a pirate!

Ah! Tis good to be a pirate! Now, break out the grog! Thars rummin to do!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!