GreaseSpot Cafe

Halloween

VeganXTC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolchef, that was hilarious! I sent the link to my kids. They'll love it. Thanks!

Bowtwi, your daughter reminded me of those sentences we had to learn in 5th grade language arts.

Your pretty daughter is scarey.

Your scarey daughter is pretty.

Your daughter is pretty scarey!

Vegan - that's funny stuff! My daughter is IN 5th grade right now! She'll get a kick out of your comment after school!

I'm going to send you a pm in a few minutes if I don't get distracted. (I work at home and am awaiting a call from the office before I can get started.)

Last year she was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. This is her first time wanting to be something not adorable and sweet - I think she's getting the hang of it!!! :spy:

Sudo you have way cooler friends than I do. I don't think I've ever gotten Halloween e-mail!

We use to have a computer in our bedroom, and instead of turning it off, we would just keep it on suspend. The first Halloween with the computer, I found this great screensaver, complete with sounds of the dark, like screaming banshees, moans and groans and cackles, and rattling chains. I think there might have even been a howling wolf. It was awesome! I had to change it that very night though. A truck must have rumbled by during the night, and the vibrations caused the computer to wake up, and the screensaver caused Drty Dzn to wake up. He's not much for screaming banshees at 2am.

Oneo- LOL! You are too funny! But how cool to be born on Halloween! Was it fun for you as a child, or did it seem like you really didn't have a special day for yourself?

Chas- your boys are so cute! I hope you can find the mask!

Alas cool! I searched and searched, but I can't find the screensaver. Sorry! This was 8 years ago, and I don't remember the name of it. And the computer it was on died a long time ago. My whole family will be home next weekend, so I'll ask them if they can remember it.

Two years ago I dressed in a cow costume, complete with rubber udders. I was shocked ;) shocked I tell you, at the number of "soccer moms" who wanted to play with those udders.

LOLOL!! I went to a gay Halloween party a few years back. There were a lot of guys dressed in drag. They looked like hot chicks with nice hooters, so I squeezed them to see what they were made of. :evildenk: It was all in jest, but I've never heard so many guys scream worse than any woman would have....:biglaugh:

Edited by Nottawayfer

My birthday is the day before Halloween and I've had many a killer party in my days.... :biglaugh:

In Mississippi it doesn't usually get too cold for Halloween, so my birthday parties have been awesome for as long as I can remember. :evildenk:

Some of my favorites:

Blacken in one eye with sports eye-black, hang the letter "P" around your neck and be a Black Eyed P

LOL!

Paste the word "Freud" across your "slip" and be a "Freudian Slip"

LOL!

Having Halloween Birthday Parties are THE BEST, IMO!!!

Halloween for our family has always been great.

Homemade costumes.

Love the kids out and about, and tt's a time when fathers are present if at all possible.

Families going out and about, parents and children getting to socialize. More so when we were kids it was like a nice informal block party.

When we were WOW in Titusville FL I was especially reminded of this because the [mostly old people] residents parked themselves outside to watch the kids, of which our WOW bunch had four wonderful ones.

Despite the often Christian focus on the devilshness of the time, I enjoy seeing so much happiness being shared, and think that is what really makes the devil mad.

My birthday is the day before Halloween and I've had many a killer party in my days.... :biglaugh:

In Mississippi it doesn't usually get too cold for Halloween, so my birthday parties have been awesome for as long as I can remember. :evildenk:

Some of my favorites:

Blacken in one eye with sports eye-black, hang the letter "P" around your neck and be a Black Eyed P

LOL!

Paste the word "Freud" across your "slip" and be a "Freudian Slip"

LOL!

Having Halloween Birthday Parties are THE BEST, IMO!!!

HA~

My b-day is TWO days before Halloween - I always had brown and orange cakes growing up - (I remember one year bursting into tears - I was probably about 6 or 7 years old - because I was going thru a Barbie phase and wanted a PINK frosted cake!)

I always felt like Halloween was for me - nothing beats dressing up for a day to pretend you're something or someone you're not - love it. I keep wishing that we'd get invited to a party - maybe some time - I'd love to dress up and go out but for now, I'll settle with getting my kids excited about it and going out with them!

:offtopic:

*giggle*

MY mother ALWAYS made Pumpkin Birthday Cake (just like carrot cake, but with pumpkin instead of carrot). I HATE CARROT CAKE! I HATE PUMPKIN CAKE!! :realmad:

EVERY YEAR - Pumpkin Cake

EVERY YEAR - Mama, I don't like Pumpkin Cake!

EVERY YEAR - Oh, really? I thought you loved it.

EVERY YEAR - No! Daddy's the one who likes pumpkin cake. Make it for his birthday, I'd rather have something else.

EVERY YEAR - Okay, Honey. I'll make you something else next year.

NEXT YEAR - Pumpkin Cake :doh:

At the age of 21 I moved to Florida and that was my first year with no pumpkin cake. But now I kinda miss the traditional birthday conversation. :redface2: :blink: :biglaugh:

A man was walking home alone late

one foggy night, when behind him he

hears:

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Walking faster, he looks back and

through the fog he makes out the

image of an upright casket banging

its way down the middle of the

street toward him.

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Terrified, the man begins to run

toward his home, the casket

bouncing quickly behind him

FASTER...

FASTER...

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

He runs up to his door, fumbles

with his keys, opens the door,

rushes in, slams and locks the door

behind him.

However, the casket crashes

through his door, with the lid of the

casket clapping

clappity-BUMP...

clappity-BUMP...

clappity-BUMP...

on his heels, the terrified man

runs.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom,

the man locks himself in. His heart

is pounding; his head is reeling; his

breath is coming in sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH the casket

breaks down the door.

Bumping and clapping toward

him.

The man screams and reaches

for something, anything,

but all he can find is a bottle of

cough syrup!

Desperate, he throws the cough

syrup at the casket...

and ....

(keep scrolling)

(hopefully you're ready for

this!!!)

The coffin stops.

sudo :biglaugh:

Sudo and I have only been to one Halloween party, and it was when we were courting. I made our costumes out of colored poster board, one piece for the front, and another matching one for the back. They were tied together with shoestrings which spanned our shoulders, so we sorta looked like "walking signs".

Mine was round and yellow.

His was oblong and orange.

Mine read "M&M".

His read "M&M with nuts".

Think we won a prize for best couple or something like that. Still have them in the attic. Want to wear them again this year, honey?

Suda

Edited by sudossuda

Sudo and suda, you two are so funny!

I'm going to a Halloween party next Friday with Drty Dzn, but we can only stay for 5 minutes, cause I have to work the next day bright and early. Belle, I was thinking of using your black eyed pea costume. LOL!