GreaseSpot Cafe

Halloween

VeganXTC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bozz - WHAT FUN! I wanna come to your house!

I wish I could decorate like that, but oldest is only 5 and he got grossed out when we scooped the punkin seeds out of the jack o'lantern this weekend - the kid actually gagged just watching me do it... and he's scared of his best friend who's dressing up as a ghost.

So, we're doing Halloween on the tame side...

Kristopher is going as Superman (I actually found pajamas with a cape - whoo-hooo!)

Andreas is going as Thomas the Tank... appropriate for that kid...

Pictures to come!

Chas, I can't wait to see your pictures. I bet they're cuties!

Bozz, Your place just gets better and better! I wish I was a child in your neighborhood!

Trick or Treat was this weekend here. And in the middle of the afternoon. We had quite a few childrfen come that were taller than Drty Dzn! And he said one that looked as old as him. :blink:

Belle, we did use your idea and went to tha party as black-eyed peas. No one knew what we were. Some didn't even know what we were even after we told them!

The residents were telling stories about what they did on Halloween night. There's one woman who lives there, and has the names of all the staff on a sheet of paper so she can pray for each and every one of us. She told me how she used to soap windows, and was especially delighted when there were screens in the windows, because they were the hardest to remove soap from. And a man who rides the church van every Sunday, and carries his Bible with him, told me he used to go to the back of the houses, way deep in the woods, and tip over his neighbor's outhouses!

Darn, Vegan! I hope the ones who got it were amused....must be a southern thang. :biglaugh: Very appropriate costume for a Vegan, too, I think. :thinking:

Bozz, that is sooo cool! The families in your neighborhood must really look forward to Halloween so they can go to your house. :)

Chas, can't wait to see pictures!

I've got glow-in-the-dark little heads I'm putting on stakes and hanging from the huge oak tree that is my front yard. Vixen and I will be witches and sit outside so that Vixen won't be tormented by the doorbell ringing every five minutes. :confused:

What's funny is that every year the kids always say "hi" to Vixen before anything else and some even forget to say, "Trick or Treat". She's definitely the best known dog in the neighborhood. :love3:

Belle,

I was goinna' add a post but I've just heard little gobblins outside. I'm really scared. Guess I'll have to muster up the courage to go check it out. I ain't afraid of spooks I ain't afraid of spooks....

sudo (who actually loves little spooks)

Anthony is such a beautiful little boy! I'm a little jealous, though. A tank top and shorts at the end of October? We're in our winter coats here.

Your pumpkin is way cool too. We have one, but never got around to carving it! I can't decide whether to bake it up, and use it for stuff like pumpkin butter, and of course the roasted seeds, or if I should just hack it up, and let the wildlife enjoy it. Any suggestions?

LOL! I buy the pumpkin not to carve it, but to make pumpkin butter and roasted seeds. :biglaugh: I guess it's a good thing I don't have kids yet. :dance: Mom would be quite the disappointment.

LOL! I buy the pumpkin not to carve it, but to make pumpkin butter and roasted seeds. :biglaugh: I guess it's a good thing I don't have kids yet. :dance: Mom would be quite the disappointment.

Sorry it took me a few days to reply........for some strange reason I'm not getting any e-mail note. replies.................thanks again...... we had so much fun......yeah we had plenty of fog with foggers......strobe lights.......black lights and one of the coolest little props for scares was a hair dry that would go off and blow hot air on ya in the garage.......we also had sound effects......with 2 foggers the fog was so thick at one point......you could not see 1' in front of ya.........it was a party. P.S. .....I was the tall guy in the shinny black jacket on the left with the other actors........I did not need a mask I'm scary anuff without one............lol !!

Edited by bozz